Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone-come make with us!
We're looking for an experienced product designer to lead projects on Figma's design system - pushing the visual and interaction design language of Figma itself.
This is a unique role, where you will level up Figma's polish and quality systematically through a large refresh, as well as by creating systems and patterns that will help support product efforts across the company.
This is a full-time role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the United States.
What you'll do at Figma:
* Contribute to overall strategy and decision-making about product direction
* Help deliver and refine clear storytelling around product needs and opportunities
* Work cross-functionally with product management, engineering, and design peers
* Create, collaborate, and iterate on flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals
* Design and ship high-quality product improvements
* Mentor and uplevel work across other designers
Some projects you could work on:
* Designing a motion system for Figma
* Exploring new interaction patterns for core editing flows
* Refining information architecture and navigation across Figma's surfaces
* Refining and improving Figma's iconography system
* Creating a system of semantic tokens for typography
* Creating resources and documentation for designers and engineers internally at Figma
We'd love to hear from you if:
* You deeply care about visual design craft, and are excited to help others level up their visual and interaction execution.
* You have an eye for identifying patterns and problems emerging across projects, and an ability to solve these systematically.
* You have experience collaborating with others on improving a design system.
* You leverage prototyping skills to articulate your designs, especially in cases where interactions may be particularly nuanced
At Figma, one of our values is "Grow as you go." We believe in hiring smart, curious people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Read more about our team:
* Design team process (+ recording)
* Design team trading cards
* Hiring approach slides (+ recording)
* Design team critiques (+ recording)
* Podcast playlist featuring Figma team members
* Investing in Figma: The decade of design
* How work is changing at Figma
* Figma's next product is a multiplayer whiteboard called FigJam
* Software design startup Figma is now worth $10 billion
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process-idea to design to build-and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace-we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
- Decision Making
- Graphic Design
- Information Architecture