Join AnswerLab as a Short-Term UX Researcher! We are currently looking for candidates who are available from September to December 2022. This could be a fit for a candidate who is only interested in project work, a researcher that is looking to transition back into the workforce, or someone who is interested in what it would be like to work here at AnswerLab.
Who We Are:
Imagine a world full of experiences that enrich people's lives. How does that happen? By listening to people and elevating their voices with user experience research. AnswerLab enables the world's biggest brands such as Amazon, Google, Meta, and American Express to make human-centered product decisions that affect billions of people's lives.
AnswerLab is the leading User Experience (UX) Research firm in the US. We focus on research to understand what people see, do, think, and feel when using technology products. We do this by running user research programs and forming long-term partnerships with and for our clients.
The secret to our success is no secret: it's the people who work here! We recruit skilled and client-focused professionals to join our team. All are devoted to being at the forefront of the user experience industry. We are a team of smart, down-to-earth people who value a "get it done" attitude and a good dose of humor during our workday.
For more information about AnswerLab, please visit www.answerlab.com/careers.
Who You Are:
You are a total research geek: you love to learn new methods, test out new tools and technologies, and think deeply about the human-centered issues we face as researchers. You also see yourself as a partner to stakeholders and clients, bringing them into the research experience and listening deeply to their needs as you conduct studies that address their business questions. You're proactive, adaptable, and organized: you're ready to explore creative solutions to challenges as they arise, and you have the time management skills to keep everything moving forward.
Ideal candidates have at least 3 years of hands-on experience leading research studies, with experience partnering with stakeholders or clients during the research process. We are open to candidates from a range of consulting and research backgrounds (e.g., UX research, market research, academia, public health, etc.).
You thrive in a home-based work environment, and you are comfortable conducting research remotely.
The candidate selected for this role understands that this is a short-term position, and is slated for September 2022 to December 2022.
You will also be eligible for benefits such as medical, PTO and equipment to work from home.
The qualified candidate will be responsible for:
- Building trusted relationships with clients, including providing consultative guidance and proactively recommending/implementing solutions to drive the research process forward
- Leading UX research studies end-to-end, including:
- Consulting on research methodology or project scope, as appropriate
- Developing moderator guides
- Consulting with clients on the development of prototypes for testing
- Moderating remote and in-person (when safe) user experience research studies or conducting interviews in the field
- Analyzing the research findings, delivering insights that address the stated research questions
- Crafting recommendations in alignment with research findings for potential next steps in product development
- Developing presentations (written deliverables and/or slide decks) to communicate findings and recommendations
- Collaborating with clients to ensure the report meets their business needs
- Presenting to client teams
- Exploring creative solutions to research challenges, such as providing recommendations to improve internal processes or establish best practices with our clients
- Continuing to develop your research and consultative skills, leveraging these skills to create research experiences that our clients, participants, and colleagues love while delivering impactful results
- Keeping projects on schedule and within scope and budget
- Contributing to AnswerLab's knowledge library: documenting best practices and contributing your expertise to internal initiatives and learning experiences as appropriate.
We understand that outstanding candidates can come from a variety of backgrounds. While specific experience is important, we are ultimately looking for candidates who have the personal characteristics to thrive in a growing client-focused business.
The qualified candidate will have experience in and meet most of the criteria listed below:
- 3+ years of hands-on experience conducting qualitative research, either in the UX space or a related research field.
- Leading consulting engagements with clients/stakeholders -- either in research specifically or with a management consulting firm that uses analytical data to support conclusions
- Designing and writing discussion guides, screeners, test protocols, and final reports
- Using online/remote tools for conducting research (e.g., Zoom, WebEx, GoToMeeting, etc.)
- Conducting presentations with senior-level business managers and executives
- Demonstrated ability to 1) work independently and drive towards deadlines, 2) produce high-quality deliverables for clients, and 3) think creatively and solve problems.
- Ability to engage with business and research managers in Fortune 500 companies.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to facilitate discussions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment, manage competing priorities, and be an independent problem-solver
- Presentation skills, including building slide decks and presenting results and recommendations to clients
- Undergraduate and/or advanced degree - preferably an educational background in Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, or other related disciplines with a solid foundation in research-based design using qualitative methods
In addition to expertly meeting the requirements outlined above, your success will be measured on our eight Core Values:
AnswerLab's Core Values:
- Build trust
- Provide amazing service
- Support and Encourage Inclusivity
- Jump in to help others
- Handle change with flexibility
- Innovate our products and processes
- Explore creative solutions to challenges
- Make AnswerLab a great place to work
- Overtime may be required to meet project deadlines.
- Sitting for extended periods.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other devices and objects.
This is a short-term position from September 2022 - December 2022.
No staffing/recruiting agencies, please.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States, however, we are not able to sponsor visas.
At AnswerLab, our mission is to create experiences people love. This means we strive to make our company a great place to work for people from all walks of life. Hiring people from a wide variety of backgrounds makes our company stronger and helps us achieve our mission.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Business Requirements
- Cisco Web Ex
- Computer Keyboards