As Mount Sinai continues to grow. so does our legacy of caring.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is proud to be South Florida's hospital of choice for great medicine. With more than 4000 employees. 500 volunteers. 670 beds. 26 operating suites and more than 650 physicians and 950 nurses. Mount Sinai is South Florida's largest private independent not-for-profit teaching hospital.
It takes the contribution of many individuals to make Mount Sinai the world-class institution it is today. As a team. we have focused our efforts on assuring that our patients receive high quality medical care. We're looking for motivated professionals who seek the challenge and stimulation of working in an academic medical center with an international reputation.
- An excellent. team focused work environment with opportunity for professional growth
- Competitive salary with bonus potential
- Savings plan with company match
- A variety of health. dental and vision plans
- On-site childcare. tuition reimbursement. and much more!
- Identifies delinquent account aging period and payment sources.
- Performs collection actions including contacting patient and by telephone and resubmitting claims to third party for reimbursement.
- Reviews each account via computer reports and other information sources.
- Participates with other staff to follow up on accounts until no balance or turned over for collections.
- Evaluates patient financial status and establishes payment plans when appropriate.
- Reviews accounts for possible assignment to collection agency makes recommendation to manager and prepares information for collection agency as needed.
- Documents all patient contact and insurance follow up update as necessary to ensure information is accurate.
- Maintains a high level of productivity while maintaining accuracy.
- Requests rebills as necessary.
- Identifies and resolves patient billing complaints
- Faxes attachments to Athena to include with claim when appropriate.
- Works assigned hold buckets daily.
- Attends all seminars and education programs as assigned by manager.
- Consistently demonstrates ability to organize work recognize and establish priorities and complete work without creating backlogs.
- One year practical experience in Healthcare Collections.
- High School graduate or equivalent level of training.
Leasing (Contract Law)
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 4037
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.