Job Title: Produce ClerkSummary
Inventories, stores, prices and stocks produce merchandise displayed in retail grocery store by performing the following duties. Promote the general welfare of the store. Education and/or Experience
Less than high school education, continuing high school studies; or up to one month related experience or training. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations and Computer Skills
None required Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory responsibilities. Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Comply with all company policies and federal regulations and standards.
- Take inventory or examines merchandise to identify items to be stocked, culled, rotated or replenished.
- Ensure that stock is filled up and ready for business by mid-morning and replenished mid-afternoon
- Receives, opens, & unpacks cartons or crates of merchandise, checking shipping ticket against items received.
- Weighs items and stamps, attaches or changes price tags on merchandise;
- Sets up displays, advertising and C.O.O.L signs
- Stocks shelves, coolers, counter, bins, tables, freezers, containers, or trays with new merchandise.
- Cleans shelves, bins, display tables and coolers
- Breakdown and remove cardboard from store.
- Unload delivery trucks.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies :
Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security policies and procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Reasoning Ability -
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
Language Skills and Mathematical Skills - Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must properly and safely lift and /or move up to 25 pounds regularly, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
- Customer Demand Planning
- Customer Service