Herc Rentals Inc. is a premier, full-service equipment rental firm - providing our customers the equipment, services and solutions they need to achieve optimal performance safely, efficiently and effectively. A pioneer of the equipment rental industry, Herc Rentals continues to evolve and grow through technological innovations, expanded product offerings and value-added services and consultative solutions to support its customers' projects.
With more than 55 years of equipment rental expertise, approximately 5,600 employees and approximately 312company-operated locations across North America, Herc Rentals serves a broad range of end markets, including construction; industrial operations, refineries and petrochemical operations; governmental entities and contractors; disaster recovery and remediation; infrastructure; railroad operations; utilities; film, television, live entertainment and special event production; agricultural operations; and facilities management..
As a Mechanic C, you are an entry level technician and will assume a role of familiarizing yourself with product knowledge and standards of quality within the branch. Mechanic C's will learn the standard operating procedures at the branch, region, and national level to grow their career to higher leveled mechanics. The primary focus of a Herc Rentals Mechanic C is to utilize their mechanical training to contribute to fleet maintenance operations needed to keep Herc Rentals equipment on the rental "ready line". This goal can be achieved safely and professionally through an effective preventative and corrective maintenance program
- Follow a consistent schedule of performing preventative maintenance of all Herc owned fleet at your branch
- Operate and test equipment to ensure it passes Herc Rentals quality and efficiency standards
- Perform routine maintenance and repairs on all Herc fleet equipment and trucks under direct supervision
- Diagnose small tools and light rental equipment with assistance from senior mechanics
- Perform major repairs to maintain fleet equipment using diagnostic tools, hand tools, and measuring instruments under direct supervision
- Conduct oil changes, lubrication of equipment, tire replacements, hose repairs, battery replacements and assorted services
- Enter work orders and complete part ordering via fleet management system
- Assist in reconditioning and replacing assorted parts of the heavy equipment
- Learn what is covered and not covered by warranties
- Maintain work area in a clean and organized manner
- Produce timely and detailed service reports and repair logs
- Follow all company's filed procedures and protocols
- Perform additional duties as assigned
Some knowledge in electrical and hydraulic systems and willing to learn how to read schematics
Ownership of sufficient selection of hand and air/electric tools to complete most repairs and services
Ability to operate and test equipment such as boom lifts, forklifts, compressors, portable and stationary generators, hydraulics, pumps and assorted tools and equipment
Computer skills to support entering information into systems
Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently
H.S. Diploma or equivalent
Conditions of Employment
- Ability to drive/operate multiple types of vehicles and equipment
- Ability to follow up with customers in a timely manner
- Ability to handle assorted tools properly and safely
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds
- Attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills to communicate effectively and efficiently
- Must possess solid written and verbal communication skills and be able to perform basic computer operations such as opening and closing work orders
- Solid and proven computer skill set to enter work orders
- Understanding the importance of time management
- Works and communicates effectively with all employees of the branch
- Works and communicates effectively with all levels of the company
Our long-term strategy underscores the understanding that our success depends on the dedication and capability of our team members. We are focused on attracting, retaining and empowering talented and dedicated people to build the best team in the equipment rental industry. We also seek to build a team that reflects the variety of people, cultures and communities we interact with every day and to create an inclusive, productive environment in which all team members feel valued and respected.
Herc Rentals provides an excellent compensation and benefits package, which includes a competitive salary, retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive medical, dental, vision care, life insurance coverage, paid vacation and holidays.
Herc does not discriminate in employment based on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, disability, nationalorigin, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, political affiliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors .
- Active Listening
- Attention To Detail
- Construction Toolkits
- Corrective Maintenance