ewi USA is presently collaborating with an Independent Power Producer (IPP) that has installed capacity exceeding 2,500 MW in nine states, and over 25 GW of renewable energy projects in development throughout the United States. We are seeking a Senior Manager, Transmission Network Analytics for this organization.
Position: Senior Manager, Transmission Network Analytics
Location: Chicago, Dallas, Houston, San Francisco, Remote for the right candidate.
Salary: upto $160k + Bonus + Benefits
The Senior Manager, Transmission Network Analytics is responsible for interconnection feasibility studies and network upgrade cost estimate activities. They will evaluate acquisition opportunities, determine optimal locations for renewable energy projects, and negotiate with ISOs and Transmission Providers. The Senior Manager will review and evaluate interconnection standards and study practices, transmission siting feasibility, system impact studies, facility studies, and Generator Interconnection Agreements (GIAs).
- Support the Transmission Group's strategic and tactical planning.
- Provide advice on transmission issues related to commercial power transactions, planning issues and/or real-time operational issues.
- Perform power flow analysis to identify potential network upgrades and costs, validate interconnection analysis, assist in site selection, and support existing facilities for transmission issues.
- Review interconnection studies and support commercial transaction due-diligence.
- Testify before regulatory agencies on transmission & interconnection matters.
- Represent the company and maintain relationships with utilities, ISOs, industry groups, regulators and other stakeholders.
- Participate in stakeholder forums and support government affairs in renewable resource policies.
- Assist and support Transmission Interconnection and Market Staff as needed, including negotiating interconnection agreements and developing business arrangements to reduce interconnection costs.
- 5-7 years of transmission planning and generation interconnection experience using TARA (preferred), PSS/E, PSLF or similar software.
- Proficient in transmission system planning, construction and operation topics.
- Knowledge of generation interconnection process, tariffs and requirements.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with utilities, ISOs and industry representatives.
ewi is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. ewi is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
- Data Analysis
- Hardworking And Dedicated
- Power System Simulator For Engineering
- Pricing Strategies