Located at the Mebane facility, NC
• Under the guidance of the Program Manager, the Project Manager delivers a best practice commercially focused product development service to WKPE.
• The Project Manager maintains relationships with key internal stakeholders across the Kidde Fire Suppression business unit including, but not limited to engineering, product management, quality, supply chain, manufacturing, and customer service. Additionally, they maintain a key relationship with the Kidde fire extinguisher factory based in Matamoros, Mexico.
Major Job Functions:
• Project management of five or more 2021 fire suppression projects. Project type include production support, running change, and implementation of key sustaining and value-engineering activities.
• Manage projects to deliver the appropriate scope on schedule, within budget and with acceptable quality. Evaluate risks and develop mitigation plans to minimize or address those risks. Perform resource forecasting, planning and management.
• Facilitate clear and timely communication across multiple internal functions and departments to ensure priorities are aligned. Coordinate, manage and deliver executive report-outs.
• Ensure that the Voice of the Customer is developed and adhered to during project development.
• Proactively promote continuous improvement to improve product quality and process improvement.
• Comply with Carrier's Code of Ethics, Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) policy and applicable regulatory and Company rules and requirements.
• Travel support (10%) within and outside the USA, including travel to Kidde Matamoros facility
Experience & Qualifications Requirements
• B.S. Engineering degree with 6+ years of experience in a product development environment – engineering, manufacturing, and/or quality preferred.
• 3+ years of experience managing complex, cross-functional projects involving manufacturing of technical products, preferably in a high-volume manufacturing environment
• Program/Project Management training/certificate (PMP from PMI) desired.
• Competent with Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Project.
• Competent with ERP systems, preferably JD Edwards.
• Competent with PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) systems, preferably PTC Windchill.
• Experience with DfSS tools, including dFMEA/pFMEA
Desire Personal Qualities
• Quickly absorbs product knowledge / proactive self-learner of fire safety and security standards
• Self-motivated individual focused on delivering quality results.
• Strong written, oral (verbal and non-verbal) communication skills.
• Good time management, planning and organisational skills with a high level of attention to detail.
• Ability to collect, review and synthesize data and report results to stakeholders effectively verbally and in written form. Ability to identify needs of the organization and/or customer, articulate necessary proposals and see projects through to completion.
• Flexible work style - able to adapt to emerging priorities and resource constraints.
Nesco Resource and affiliates (Lehigh G.I.T Inc, and Callos Resource, LLC) is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
Product Lifecycle Management
Business Process Improvement