Our client, an Investment Banking Company is seeking a senior or lead data engineer to lead back-end design, development and implementation of data platforms and data pipelines for a client within the financial sector as part of an analytical accelerator. Our ideal candidate will have a combination of solid core data engineering experience specifically within Azure.
- Build databases and end to end data pipelines taking into consideration data quality, scalability, performance and maintainability
- Strive for simplicity and elegance in solution design
- Promote agile principles and methodology
- Participate in ideation and brainstorming sessions to devise creative and disruptive digital solutions
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
- At least 5+ years professional data engineering development experience within the enterprise
- At least 2+ years professional development experience with the Azure data stack
- Professional experience developing and deploying Spark jobs (necessary)
- Expert developing with either Python or Java
- Deployment of data pipelines in the cloud, in particular Azure
- Deep knowledge of performing SQL and understanding of relational database technology
- Hands-on RDBMS experience (data modeling, analysis, programming, stored procedures)
- Proven success working in and promoting a rapidly changing, collaborative, and iterative product development environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, analytical skills, combined with intellectual curiosity, and a desire and ability to get things done"
- Understanding of the "big picture" business requirements to drive architecture and design decisions
If interested, please apply!
The Solomon Page Distinction
Solomon Page offers a comprehensive benefit program for hourly employees. We pride ourselves on offering medical, dental, 401(k), direct deposit and commuter benefits to our employees, including freelancers - which sets us apart in the industries we serve.
About Solomon Page
Founded in 1990, with 14 offices and counting, Solomon Page is a specialty niche provider of staffing and executive search solutions across a wide array of functions and industries. The success of Solomon Page reflects an organic growth strategy supported by a highly entrepreneurial culture. Acting as a strategic partner to our clients and candidates, we focus on providing customized solutions and building long-term relationships based on trust, respect, and the consistent delivery of excellent results. For more information and additional opportunities, visit: URL blocked - click to apply and connect with us on URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply, and URL blocked - click to apply.
Java (Programming Language)
Relational Database Management Systems