Who We Are: Steamboat- Ski Town, U.S.A. ® is known as the friendliest mountain destination in the world, thanks to our western heritage and welcoming staff. We pride ourselves on hiring the best employees and providing the best experience in the industry. Our employee satisfaction scores top the charts and we have employees who choose to work for the resort for 2, 5, 10, 20 plus years. Fair warning, starting a job at Steamboat could lead to endless fun, lifelong friendships and a rooted sense of community.
Who We’re Looking For: Friendly folks who want to work at the best ski resort, play in Champagne Powder and meet friends from around the world. If you like to provide incredible guest service with a friendly attitude, you’re ready to join our team. If your dream job includes skiing and riding, interacting with guests, rewarding work, free concerts, fireworks, employee parties and more-we’d love to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits: Steamboat offers many exciting perks and benefits including a Steamboat ski pass for you and eligible dependents, competitive compensation, retail/rental discounts, food & beverage discounts, industry pro deal discounts, friends & family discounted tickets subject to restrictions, reservations and/or blackout dates, access to employee housing (based on availability and employment status), a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, Employee Assistance Program, Accrued Sick Pay and a chance to learn and advance within Steamboat Ski & Resort Corp. Steamboat employees are also eligible for discounted tuition with partner online universities for all Alterra Mountain Company employees to further their education.
Experienced cooks needed! 2 years experience as a cook or 1 year plus educational equivalent required. Employee location will be established during the interview process.
Detailed job description, including responsibilities, work performed, tools or equipment used, etc.:
• Prepare and Cook foods served in restaurants; full knowledge of all stations, preferred
• Open and close kitchen according to schedule/guidelines/assignments. Assist in the creation, usage, and follow through of prep lists, cleaning list, and closing lists
• Organize work area to create efficiency and keep work area and kitchen organized and clean
• Rotate product and keep a clean station; properly store food in correct and allotted areas
• Ensure compliance with established health and safety procedures. Report all observations of damaged/ dangerous equipment. Will attend food safety/sanitation training and practice those techniques
• Assist in the cleaning and organizing of all storage areas. Clean and/or organize walk in refrigerators and freezers, as assigned
• Ensure understanding and compliance with all company policies and procedures as well as any regulatory requirements
• Other duties, as assigned.
Minimum skills, experience, education and ability required for this job:
• Expected to work at a high pace and with a variety of kitchen equipment
• Must adhere to Steamboat Culinary Guidelines
• 2 years experience as a cook or 1 year plus educational equivalent
• Understands and practices HACCP principles
• Interact and maintain positive relationships with guests, co-workers and management consistent with Steamboat Ski and Resort Company’s Service Excellence standards
• Must be a minimum 18 years of age
• Must stand for long periods of time as well as lift and carry up to 50 lbs
• Has advanced knife skills
• Must read, write, and speak fluently in English
• This is an hourly non-exempt position and is subject to overtime pay
• Position requires working weekends and holidays as needed
• Pursuant to county and/or state orders and company policies, every employee is required to self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms, practice social distancing, wash hands frequently, wear a mask per current guidelines, self-report and call in immediately and stay home if sick and assist with sanitizing and disinfecting work areas. Employees must follow all resort mitigation plans and protocols, which can be found posted on resort buildings and on Beekeeper
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of the Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term and long-term incentives and many region-specific benefits.
Steamboat area base hourly pay rate: $17.50 per hour
Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation is an equal opportunity employer
- Food Safety
- Knife Skills
- Hazard Analysis And Critical Control Points
- Storage (Warehousing)