To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Washington, DC 20006
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Building Hope Charter School • Washington, DC
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Accounting Manager is a key member of the Accounting and Finance team within Building Hope Real Estate (BHRE). He/she will be responsible for managing the Company's accounting activities, specifically focusing on supporting all aspects of daily accounting operations, investment accounting, and financial reporting. He/she will improve upon current processes and leverage systems to streamline existing processes, enhance controls and the quality and accuracy of financial data. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of Real Estate accounting principles and experience with Intacct. The Accounting Manager will report directly to the VP of Finance for BHRE.
- Lead the financial close process for Building Hope Real Estate
- Record Journal Entries (closing entries, accruals, etc.) and review GLs to ensure accuracy
- Maintain complete and accurate supporting schedules and work papers
- Handle cash management responsibilities including: reconciliation of bank accounts, monitoring of cash balances, initiating wire transfers and reviewing intercompany activity
- Become highly proficient in Intacct - the business's newly implemented accounting software
- Support the processing of accounts payable and billing of revenue generating transactions
Investment and project-based accounting
- Properly record in the accounting system investment activity
- Analyze settlement sheets for acquisitions and/or financing closings
- Review pay-applications to record construction in process for development projects
- Utilize debt agreements and draw packages to reconcile 3rd party debt balances
- Understand transaction related legal documents (e.g., leases, LLC operating agreements, loan agreements) to ensure accounting for transactions are appropriate
- Prepare and deliver accurate and timely monthly financial statements for a portfolio of 20+ properties
- Ensure adequate processes and controls are in place and followed to drive accurate financial reporting
- Assist with reporting compliance for lender, regulatory and other stakeholder requirements
- Review allocations of overhead and salaries recorded to the RE business
- Oversee the annual audit process with external auditors
- Collaborate with the Finance team to respond to business needs and support ad-hoc analysis
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, CPA is preferred.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in accounting, with a mix of public accounting/private industry
- Strong understanding of GAAP, financial statements, financial and accounting concepts and processes
- Experience with Intacct
- Real estate industry experience
- Outstanding oral and written communication
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills with attention to detail
- Demonstrated self-starter with the ability to learn quickly, identify problems/opportunities and be resourceful in taking action
- A commitment to excellence and continuously seeking to learn and improve
- Committed to Building Hope's mission