To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New Orleans, LA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Peoples Health Billing Specialist - New Orleans, LA
UnitedHealth Group • New Orleans, LA
Posted 2 months ago
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
To perform all duties related to collecting, posting, and managing account payments.
The Peoples Health Billing Specialist is responsible for all aspects of submitting claims to the insurance companies and following up to ensure proper payment has been received.
The Peoples Health Billing Specialist is also responsible for patient account inquiry and collections.
- Prepares and electronically submits clean claims to clearing house
- Follows up on submitted claims, monitors unpaid claims, and resubmits claims when necessary
- Works claims rejected in the scrub processes
- Processes and works denials from insurance payers
- Posts and processes payments from insurance companies and prepares daily deposits
- Posts capitation payments
- Reviews, prepares, and submits patient statements
- Researches and responds to questions or concerns from patients regarding their statements
- Resolves delinquent accounts with responsible parties; prepares payment plans and monitors adherence to agreed - upon plans; recommends to the Revenue Cycle Manager any accounts that should be assigned to outside collection agencies when necessary
- Monitors and prepares patient or insurance refunds when necessary
- Understands payer rules and adheres to requirements for each insurance payer
- Continuously evaluates processes and appropriately suggests ways to implement new procedures or improve the quality and quantity of work processed
- Performs the monthly closing and balancing no later than the 10th of each month
- Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines / regulations
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Medical billing experience
- Data entry experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Microsoft Word (create and edit correspondence), Microsoft Excel (create, edit, and sort spreadsheets), and Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar management)
- 3+ years of experience in primary care practice billing and / or collections
- Excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Makes necessary adjustments in task priority as needed to handle unusual volumes or issues that may arise
- Strong computer skills with an ability to quickly adapt to new software platforms
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to multi - task in a busy environment
- Ability to speak clearly, read, and understand oral and written directions
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, UHC, Peoples Health, billing specialist, medical billing, data entry, primary care practice billing, collections