Job Posting Title:
Maintenance Mechanic Trainee
The essential functions for the Maintenance position are listed below. This description of the essential job functions excludes any marginal functions that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties.
This description in no way states or implies that those job functions listed below are the only job duties to be performed by the employee(s) occupying the Maintenance position. Employees will be required to follow any other job related duties requested by their Supervisor.
The essential job functions listed below are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills
and/or abilities. To perform jobs successfully, the incumbent will be required to perform the essential functions with or without accommodation. In the event of absence, the position will be covered from a pool of trained, qualified backups.
Bay Valley Foods reserves the right to modify, delete or add to the essential functions for the
Maintenance position at any time.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Will read, write, speak and communicate efficiently in English with a wide variety of people and personalities.
- Will perform basic mathematical functions.
- Will keep legible and accurate records.
- Will read follow verbal and written instructions and company-posted work and safety policies, procedures and programs.
- Will follow all safety rules and regulations, perform all duties in a safe and efficient manner, and wear all required personal protective equipment, including but not limited to steel-toe safety shoes and hearing protection in designated areas.
- Will conform to all good manufacturing practices and be responsible for the cleanliness of immediate work area and contribute to the overall cleanliness of the facility.
- Will have adequate vision ability (depth perception and field of vision) to move around the facility safely and distinguish colors.
- Will have a good sense of smell.
- Will work in all areas of the facility, both inside and outside, and on all floors in the facility.
- Will work any shift, overtime, holidays and weekends as production requires based on seniority.
- Will possess and maintain a valid forklift operator's license at all times and operate the forklift in a safe and efficient manner.
- During periods of downtime, will consult with supervisor for assignment of job duties to be performed.Will communicate concerns/issues/problems to supervisor/co-workers in a timely and professional manner.
- Responsible for recognizing and reporting food safety and/or quality issues to supervisor and/or manager.
- Will have the knowledge and ability to install, set-up, maintain, troubleshoot and repair all equipment in the facility.
- Will have the knowledge and ability to follow and work from blueprints, sketches, verbal instructions and/or written work orders with minimal supervision.
- Will have the ability and working knowledge of machine repair, welding, machine shop equipment, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and pumps.
- Will understand, sign and conform to written power lockout procedures.
- Will perform duties efficiently and calmly during critical "down time" situations.
- Will be willing and able to attend training classes or seminars that may require out of town and/or over night travel.
- Will possess and maintain a good attendance and work record.
- Will train employees coming into the classification of all duties that are required of this position.
- Will assist and/or train with others when needed and perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have the ability to operate proficiently in an SAP environment; including but not limited to using an RF (radio frequency) device, print and place tags, and able to effectively use a scanner and related portable equipment.
- Responsible for complying with all Food Quality, Food Safety/SQF, and GMP policies and procedures.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities (List all required):
- Will walk/stand for the duration of a 8-hour shift and be able to use both hands, twist, bend, stoop, reach and maneuver in tight or cramped areas.
- Will climb stairs, ladders, equipment scaffolding, tanks and heights to 50 feet.
- Will push/pull objects weighing up to 550 pounds to chest level up to 100 times per normal 8- hour shift with the assistance of material handling equipment.
- Will lift objects weighing up to 100 pounds from waist-level to chest-level up to 10 times per normal 8-hour shift with the assistance of a lift and/or co-worker.
- Will use one or both hands to hold, grip, and use tools required for duties, including but not limited to a utility knife.
- Will hear and talk on an ongoing basis in an atmosphere of moderate and loud noise.
- Will work in and around cold water or hot water up to 185° F.
- Will work in cold, warm, hot, humid and/or wet conditions.
High School or equivalent
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to URL blocked - click to apply. In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Good Manufacturing Practices