We are seeking an experienced litigation legal assistant to join our team of award-winning litigators in Orange County. A successful candidate would already have worked in a fast-paced defense firm focused on civil litigation matters, with an emphasis on personal injury law and will be ready to hit the ground running.
About Tyson & Mendes: Tyson & Mendes is a reputable law firm specializing in insurance defense litigation. With a strong commitment to excellence, we provide high-quality legal services to our clients while fostering a supportive and respectful work environment. We are currently seeking dedicated and talented individuals to join our team. As a Paralegal or Legal Assistant at Tyson & Mendes, you will play a crucial role in supporting our skilled attorneys. You will work closely with experienced legal professionals and be part of a team-oriented culture that values respect, education, and growth.
Why Choose Tyson & Mendes:
- Team Structure: Join a collaborative team of legal professionals with a wealth of experience and expertise.
- Respectful Culture: Be part of a workplace that values respect, diversity, and inclusivity.
- Remote Opportunities: Enjoy the flexibility of remote work options.
- Approachable Leadership: Accessible leadership that fosters open communication and growth.
- Educational and Training: Continuous learning and development opportunities to enhance your legal skills.
If you are a motivated and dedicated individual looking to advance your legal career with a firm that values its employees' growth and development, Tyson & Mendes is the place for you.
• Assist attorneys with daily administrative tasks.
• Docket deadlines.
• Coordinate attorney travel arrangements.
• Format all pleadings and correspondence.
• Schedule depositions, hearings, conference calls.
• Assist with trial preparation.
• File and E-file documents in State and Federal Courts.
• Assist with document management and file organization.
• Minimum of 3+ years' experience as a litigation legal assistant.
• Preferred insurance defense and/or personal injury experience.
• Solid understanding of civil litigation (state and federal calendar deadlines and rules).
• Experience with State/Federal court filings, One Legal and ECF filings.
• High proficiency in MS Suite, specifically Word, PowerPoint and Outlook and Adobe Acrobat.
• Ability to think and act independently and with minimal supervision.
• Articulate, organized and a team player with excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills.
• Highly organized with strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
• Professional appearance and demeanor
• A variety of healthcare plans (some at no cost to the employee)
• 401K matching
• Paid parental leave
• Internal education and leadership development programs
• Internal diversity and inclusion programs, such as the Women's Initiative and Young Professionals Initiative
• Firm-wide charitable giving program
• Numerous social and off-site events each year to enrich your relationships with your colleagues
Why Tyson & Mendes?
As one of the country's fastest growing civil defense firms, we have steadily and successfully made our mark as a trailblazer in the legal ecosphere. We are a progressive, dynamic and diverse firm that prides ourselves in breaking the mold upheld by the "traditional" law firm. Here, you will discover an exceptionally smart, deeply talented team, who have continuously made a profound impact on the lives of literally hundreds of thousands of people. From Howell vs. Hamilton Meats, to our many trial wins, our mission every day is to provide unparalleled service and achieve exceptional results for our clients.
In addition to our outstanding legal work, we take an innovative approach to law firm management that invests wholly in our employees.
OK, now for the legal copy (we are a law firm, after all). It is Tyson & Mendes' policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit-based factors. By the way, if you read all of this, congratulations - we can already tell your attention to detail is exceptional.
Follow along with the firm on Twitter and LinkedIn, or visit www.tysonmendes.com.
- Adobe Acrobat
- Attention To Detail
- Document Management Systems
- File Organization