To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fort Huachuca, AZ
- Jacobs Engineering Group
- Phone: 321/861-8158
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Integrated Broadcast System (IBS) Tester
Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. • Fort Huachuca, AZ
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Jacobs is seeking a Integrated Broadcast Systems Tester to conduct testing for the JITC-TEC contract.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts test planning, IBS network and tactical radio system standards conformance and interoperability testing and evaluation, test results analysis, and drafts thorough, accurate, and complete formal test documents.
- Develops test methodologies.
- Support the development, maintenance, and setup to run testing across both the Global Network and tactical data links.
- Support the operation and maintenance of Global Network assets and tactical radio systems.
- Author reports and memoranda for systems to enter the IBS network.
- Coordination and preparation of meetings and teleconferences.
- Develop products that support meetings and teleconferences such as agendas, briefings, meeting notes, and minutes
- Develop, update, and manage test schedules and logs.
- Perform classified document registry functions utilizing a data repository for classified media.
- Inventory items as required, including receiving new property; update the property database as new property is accepted; 10% monthly and 100% yearly as directed by the JITC Property Book Officer (PBO).
- Prepare classified documents and media for outgoing mail and perform courier duties as required.
- Crypto management monthly, bi-weekly, and annual destruction IAW with published guidance; monthly Simple Key Loader audit log with JITC vault management.
- Bachelor's degree and 2 years of experience; or
- Associate's degree and 8 years of experience; or
- Minimum of 60 semester hours of formal education working towards an Associate's or Bachelor's degree and 12 years of experience.
- The degree must be in a relevant technical curriculum and experience must be related to the job duties.
- Additional certifications (other than those required for the position) in the area of specialization may be substituted for 1 year of experience.
- Must have an active Secret security clearance at time of hire.
- Must have a minimum of four years verified (DD214) military experience in a Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) occupational specialty
- Or at least 2 years of experience, or related education background, in at least one of the following disciplines: Interoperability testing and evaluation, Web Services, Information Systems, Standards Conformance Testing.
- ATTENTION TO DETAIL is essential
- Good work ethic
- Willingness to learn
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to effectively interface with technical/non-technical staff and customers
- Quality briefing skills and written communications to include report writing skills
- Applicant must be proficient in the full range of Microsoft Access, Word, and Excel functions and capabilities
- Willing to travel 5-8 weeks per year (most are one week trips)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain the following clearance and accesses: TS/SCI, TK, G, H, with controls of CCO, HCO, FEYE, and NATO
- Working knowledge of JTT-IBS radio skill sets
- Working knowledge of IBS tactical terminals
- Working knowledge of Common Message Format (CMF) on IBS Broadcast
- Familiarization with Net-Ready Key Performance Parameters (NR-KPP) requirements, documentation and architectural products
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require filing, typing, and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, included but not limited to: bending, reaching, turning and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work, walking moderate to long distances may be required.
An inside and outside environment (considerations: closed quarters, close together, lighting). Needs to be able to work well with co-workers and all levels of management. No hazards on job or unusual environmental conditions.
Equipment and Machines
Ability to operate office equipment such as a personal computer, printer, copy machine, telephone, fax machine and other equipment including desk supplies and other work related tools as required.
Core work hours will be between 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Monday - Friday. Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines. Must exhibit flexibility of work hours to adjust to surge situations based on critical mission requirements.
Other Essential Functions
Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers. Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to employees or others. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner. Independent personal transportation to office or work site is required. Travel to and from customer's locations and the test fields may be required to support projects. This may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can possibly be made for POV, if necessary. When operating any vehicle for work purposes, must wear seat belt and in addition, no cellular devices are to be used when vehicle is in motion.