To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fairbanks, AK 99702
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Senior Analyst : Network/CCNP
Scientific Research Corp • Fairbanks, AK
Posted 15 days ago
Other Great Industries
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for evaluating/maintaining microwave radios: legacy TDMA radios and Carrier Ethernet (Mesh, P2P, and P2MP)
• Help establish guidelines, policies, and procedures surrounding "network risks" and keeping range data "secure" which reflect Eielson mission needs. Evaluating/maintaining network elements (Routers, Switches, IDS/IPS, AAA, Firewalls, VPNs, etc.)
• Responsible for integrating new range network equipment (requirements, planning, evaluation, procurement, integration, test, and monitoring)
• Task requires detailed knowledge of network architectures, performance, protocol suites, test tools, and equipment configurations of various network elements (concentrators, bridges, routers, switches, VPNs, Firewalls, Servers, Media converters, etc.)
• Ability to resolve network interoperability problems to obtain operations across all platforms
• Configures Joint Deployable Electronic Warfare Range (JDEWR) systems to different WAN/LAN environments
• Audit current and future range network equipment and implement security strategy
• Support design, acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services
• Assists in the planning of large scale systems projects though vendor comparison and cost studies
• Develop solutions to information assurance problems based on requirements and available security programs and services.
• Document network best practices for security and information assurance based on JDEWR and Eielson JIADS mission requirements
• Establish equipment configuration policies and backups; monitor for completion and viability
• Supervise planning and implementation of new range network projects to bring the right security implementation for smooth network operations during JDEWR and Eielson missions
• Monitor the security of range information systems, perform scans, carry out updates, and investigate security incidents
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Minimum of a Engineering Degree (EE Prefered) with 5+ years of work experience on electronics systems, remote communication or radar systems with wideband communications systems or equivalent work experience.
• Microwave LOS link design experience, Link budgets, COTS availability
• Performing work in this job's occupational field requires the application of complex, technical professional disciplines requiring a four-year degree or equivalent and the extensive and applied use of related concepts, practices, and methods
• Network Expertise to design and troubleshoot; 5 years of practical network experience desired. Experience with multicast, routing, VPN, 802.1x, and AAA protocols.
• The primary or most necessary skills required for this job are analytical skills.
• UNIX and Windows system administration experience
• CH, SW, MMI, and command and control debug experience, Unix Kernel generation
• Hands on field experience required with military electronics
• Self-starter, individual contributor, and team leader
• SECRET clearance with TOP SECRET clearance eligibility
• This job is normally performed on and off military installations, both inside and outside, with diverse terrain, climates, and varying infrastructure support
• Requires travel around the Pacific Ocean to Korea, Australia, Japan, Malaysia, Guam, Thailand and Canada. Can anticipate 3 to 5 trips per year
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Certifications: CISSP, Scanners, CCNP from Cisco or Juniper equivalent
• Electronic Warfare equipment training procedures and practices
• Military training and weapons range electronic infrastructure
• Point to Point microwave operations with packet and sonnet technologies
THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE DoD SECRET CLEARANCE
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job ID: 5000375624506
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.