Power the Possibilities
The CDK Global technology team is looking for collaborative innovators who are passionate about making their mark on emerging enterprise software products. We’re building and developing cloud technology for the automotive retail industry
that will change the landscape for automotive dealers, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and the customers they serve.
Be Part of Something Bigger
Each year, more than three percent of the U.S. gross domestic product (GDP) is attributed to the auto industry, which flows through our customer, the auto dealer. It’s time you joined an evolving marketplace where research and development
investment is measured in the tens of billions. It’s time you were a part of something bigger.
We’re expanding our workforce – engineers, architects, developers and more – onboarding early adopters who can optimize, pivot and keep pace with ever-evolving development roadmaps and applications.
Join Our Team
Growth potential, flexibility and material impact on the success and quality of a next-gen, enterprise software product make CDK an excellent choice for those who thrive in challenging, fast-paced engineering environments.
The possibilities for impact are endless. We have exceptional opportunities to evolve our industry by driving change through new technology.
If you’re ready for high-impact, you’re ready for CDK.
The Director, Product Management directs the strategic plans of the product management function for the organization and ensures product offerings meet the needs of CDK Global’s customers. This job’s primary responsibility is to lead a comprehensize product strategy from product conception and definition through end of life. The Director, Product Management ensures the effective and efficient operation of the department to provide quality deliverables and achieve desired departmental results.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
* Directs the strategic plans of the product management function for the organization.
* Explores, develops, and evaluates new product ideas, enhancements to existing products, and strategic product extensions; translates research discoveries into usable and marketable products.
* Researches and understands competitive landscape and potential new markets in order to design effective product strategies.
* Assesses market requirements, investigates new technologies, and determines strategic direction for new and existing products.
* Appraises new product ideas to determine their potential to address customer needs and to achieve goals in revenue growth and market share.
* Formulates and executes long-term plans for cost/profit control.
* Directs those involved in the design, modification, and evaluation of all phases of a specific product or group of products.
* Coordinates with various functions including Engineering, Marketing, and Sales to establish product specifications and ensure successful product development and implementation.
* Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
* Responsible for capacity planning and continual assessments for process improvement to ensure that processes are well-documented, sustainable, and scalable.
* Implements, assesses, and adapts departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges.
* Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel ensuring the efficient operation of the team.
* Provides leadership to managers; may also provide leadership to supervisors and/or professional staff.
* Responsible for the results of the team as it relates to achievement of departmental/team goals, budget adherence, project management, resource allocation, and employee performance/development.
* Identifies, develops, and pursues ongoing opportunities to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of team processes and workflow.
* Ensures function is in compliance with all policies, procedures, and legal regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS & JOB REQUIREMENTS
* Bachelor’s degree with at least 12 years of programming experience
* At least 10 years of project management, industry, or marketing experience
* At least 5 years of experience in people management/leading teams
* Automotive industry expert in their area of responsibility (Parts, Vehicles, Marketing, etc.)
* Knowledge of the key data suppliers and potential partners in their area of responsibility
* A professional Marketing or product management qualification; OR equivalent experience
CDK Global knows you have passions outside of work. You have family, friends, sporting events, and lots of things going on. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to not only take care of you but your family as well. All of our benefits are effective the first day of employment including 401K matching, paid time off to re-energize, donate your time to volunteer in your community, and tuition reimbursement to name a few.
At CDK, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.
New Product Development