To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Honolulu, HI 96817
- Dixie Niemi
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Staff Accountant - Full Time - Enterprise Holdings Hawaii
Enterprise Rent-A-Car • Honolulu, HI
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Enterprise Holdings' Hawaii is currently looking for a Staff Accountant to join our team at the Oahu Group Administrative Office in Honolulu, HI.
The Group office oversees the accounting functions for the Hawaii market of Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Alamo Rent A Car and National Car Rental. We offer a full-cycle accounting experience (Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Audit, Tax) for our employees and work hard to train them to be future business leaders. This is a career path position which would be ideal for an individual looking to grow and be promoted to management positions within the company either in Hawaii or to one of our domestic or international offices.
The Staff Accountant position is responsible for financial statement preparation, accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliation, tax compliance, audit, among other duties and responsibilities. In addition to supporting the sales staff, you will work with all business units including: Operations, Risk Management, Human Resources, Vehicle Repair, and Real Estate Management. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to learn our business and accounting systems in preparation of reaching a Controller level position responsible for all financial aspects of a multi-million dollar operation.
*** Full Time 40 hour work week (Monday-Friday) with the opportunity to work four 10 hour shifts (Monday-Thursday) during non statement weeks
If you are out-of-state candidate, the position would require face-to-face interviews at your own expense.
- Basic accounting procedures and principles
- Prepare accurate and timely financial statements
- Perform audit evaluations
- Complete bank reconciliation and account schedules
- Execute accounts payables and receivables in a timely manner
- Train and develop employees
- Establish effective communication lines with other departments and branches
- Maintain a regular and reliable level of attendance and punctuality
- Partner with departments on cost containment and Group initiatives
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have completed Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Must have intermediate or above proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Outlook, Word).
- Must have a valid driver's license with a satisfactory driving record (no more than 3 moving violations in the last 3 years or DUI/DWI in the last 5 years).
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. and not require sponsorship now or in the future.
Additional qualities a candidate should possess:
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Solid communication and leadership skills
- Strong work ethic, a whatever it takes attitude and a desire to have fun
- Ability to organize, prioritize and complete multiple projects.
- Possess the ability to be deadline driven and work well within a team environment