Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail, and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
Battelle manages and operates the National Ecological Observatory Network (NEON) project, which is solely funded by the National Science Foundation. A 30+ year project dedicated to understanding how changes in climate, land use and invasive species impact ecology, the observatory’s scientists and engineers are collecting a comprehensive range of ecological data on a continental scale across 20 eco-climatic domains representing US ecosystems. Our teams use cutting-edge technology, including an airborne observation platform that captures images of regional landscapes and vegetation; mobile, relocatable, and fixed data collection sites with automated ground sensors to monitor soil and atmosphere; and trained field crews who observe and sample populations of diverse organisms and collect soil and water data. Once structures are completed, a leading edge cyberinfrastructure will calibrate, store and publish this information. The Observatory includes more than 500+ personnel and is the first of its kind designed to detect and enable forecasting of ecological change at continental scales.
We are currently seeking an IT Helpdesk Technician II. This position is located in Boulder, Colorado.
The IT Helpdesk Technician II will support company staff with problem recognition, research, isolation and resolution of hardware, software and technology issues and requests. Handles drop-ins, phone calls, tickets and emails requesting assistance in solving IT problems of many varieties. Assists in the preparation and maintenance of user oriented documentation and the training of users. Project management of small projects handled by the Service Desk such as hardware and software upgrades.
- Provides Tier 1 and 2 support by analyzing and resolving incidents and requests regarding use of business applications, operating systems, software, remote access, security software, telecommunications and other areas as defined.
- Assists with the delivery of audio-visual services including set up of audio-visual hardware and software and support during significant meetings.
- Utilizes the service management tracking system to log and track incidents and requests from identification through resolution.
- Engages other Service Desk resources or appropriate service management support resources to resolve incidents that are beyond the scope of ability or responsibility.
- Follows up with other support service resources involved in resolution to ensure incidents are resolved, requests are filled, and the customer communication is complete.
- Guide users through incident solving process.
- Creates a positive customer support experience and builds strong relationships through problem understanding, ensuring timely resolution or escalation, communicating promptly on progress, and handling customers with a professional attitude.
- Develops user knowledge articles/documentation as required.
- Participates in the implementation and on-going support of hardware and software systems and the interaction between workstations, servers, networks and computing/telecommunications resources.
- Participates in and / or manage projects requested in support of end-user hardware or software.
- Maintains and protects confidentiality with regard to all aspects of business and employee information.
THE FOLLOWING IS REQUIRED
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in a technical area with four (4) years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Must have experience with triaging PC hardware problems.
- Must be proficient in Windows Operating Systems support, commonly used business productivity applications and desktop security applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective time management and prioritization skills.
- Excellent trouble shooting and analysis skills.
- Proven history of reliably meeting deadlines and commitments.
- Proven experience coordinating or managing small projects involving multiple team project team members.
- Independent worker who also works well with a team.
- Effectively multitasks and work under time pressure while performing a variety of detailed tasks.
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED
- Experience with Mac OS X and Mac hardware.
- Knowledge of the support of mobile devices such as iPhones and Android tablets.
- User management experience in Active Directory.
- Experience using a Mobile Device Management (MDM) tool.
- Understanding of networking, wireless, and VPN troubleshooting.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of staff members. No statement herein is intended to imply any authorities to commit Battelle unless special written permission is granted by Battelle's Legal Department.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable Federal, state, or local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit URL blocked - click to apply
Complex Problem Solving