MedTrans is Medline Industries’ own national transportation fleet consisting of 600+ trucks that deliver our lifesaving products day in and day out. Our fleet consists of newer equipment, and our dedicated team makes over 700,000 deliveries annually. Each year our fleet travels approximately 25 million miles. We manage a network of over 40 distribution centers nationally, and provide 1-day shipping to 95% of the U.S.. With MedTrans, you can be confident our transportation team will get the job done. JOB SUMMARY:
The purpose of this position is to operate a tractor-trailer or straight truck to ensure quality customer service and safe and efficient delivery of product. Be a resource for team in a lead capacity and act as a liaison for the branch/corporate management. CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates a tractor-trailer or straight truck as directed that transports between the facility and multiple destinations. Typical routes are within a 150-mile radius of the home terminal and include generally between 7 and 12 deliveries per day.
- Prepares, receives and provides appropriate documentation for the delivery and/or pick-up of goods to ensure timely service.
- Loads, secures, unloads and delivers cargo in accordance with customer needs and company policies.
- Maintains radio or telephone contact with home terminal/dispatch center/drivers to communicate customer information or delivery updates to maintain safe operations including proper communication when an incident occurs.
- Maintains a log of travel and cargo in accordance with Federal and State regulations and company requirements.
- Responsible for all drivers’ daily inspection of vehicles, ensuring proper function of all safety related features of the vehicle at all times; Refueling as needed.
- Liaison between branch management, corporate office, and drivers for any customer or driver concerns.
Medline offers a business casual, entrepreneurial work environment with strong growth potential, a competitive compensation package, and a complete benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life insurance; 401(k) with company match. And much more! Relevant Work Experience
Certification / Licensure
- Minimum 2 years tractor trailer driving experience
- Must have a Class A CDL with a minimum of 2 years tractor-trailer/commercial driving experience required.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Education
- Must be able to meet all Federal and State requirements for the operation of commercial motor vehicles.
- Must have a clean driving record with no serious violations.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- Some computer experience (email, internet, Microsoft applications, etc.) is preferred.
- Knowledge of the area for routing assistance
- Physical Requirements: Move product, supplies, and boxes up to and over 50 lbs. Sitting, standing, walking, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, handling, fingering, feeling, talking, hearing, visual acuity-near and far, depth perception, field of vision, color vision.
- Balancing (Ledger/Billing)
- Network Routing