Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life’s best work.SM
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
The Clinical Engagement Services Center team provides a variety of clinical services, such as: Adherence, Diabetes, Fraud Waste & Abuse, Medication Therapy Management, and Retrospective Drug Utilization.
The team comprises of clinical pharmacists, certified pharmacy technicians and customer service representatives that complete various functions to successfully meet the operational requirements of each clinical service.
The Customer Service Representative will report into the Operations Team Manager. This role involves working in a call center environment making outbound calls to engage members in order for pharmacists to complete consultations. In addition, to working in a matrix team environment to complete daily operational tasks that provide support for the overall maintenance of the Clinical Engagement Services Center.
- Schedule pharmacist consultation appointments with members that participate in any of the clinical programs operationally supported by the Clinical Engagement Services Center
- Document provider feedback in clinical database
- Manage various incoming fax queues to ensure all provider feedback is appropriately captured
- Report PHI related incidents in a timely manner and in accordance with HIPAA requirements
- Document and store all returned mail based on standard operating procedures
- Provide outstanding customer service to all inbound / outbound calls
- Perform miscellaneous auxiliary functions essential to the efficient operation of the department
- Collaborate in various department meetings and forums to enhance processes and share tips to increase workflow efficiency
- Participate in User Acceptance Testing for projects that impact the Clinical Engagement Services Center
- Other duties as assigned by Operations Team Manager
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together - competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Customer Service Representative Bilingual (English/Spanish)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) OR 1+ years of pharmacy related experience (includes retail pharmacy experience)
- Fluent in Spanish medical terminology
- 1+ years of experience working remotely/independently within a cross functional team environment while being self-directed with excellent organizational skills
- Ability to navigate approved platforms and multi-task using multiple databases/platforms, and applications. (competent use of computers/technology)
- 1+ years of experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Flexibility to work rotating shifts between the hours of 8:00am and 8:00pm CST, Monday through Friday
- Prior call center experience taking inbound and/or making outbound calls
- 1+ years of pharmacy related experience (includes retail pharmacy experience)
- Current pharmacy technician license in state of residence
- Active National Pharmacy Technician Certification
- Bilingual (fluent in medical terminology) in Cantonese, Korean, Mandarin, Russian, or Vietnamese
- Previous Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM) experience
- Candidate to live within a commutable distance of UnitedHealth Care office location
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated and self-directed
- Ability to interact cross functionally within the organization
- Demonstrates interpersonal and problem-solving skills – Ability to ask questions to understand patient needs while having empathy and actively listening
- Strong telephonic skills – Ability to speak clearly and communicate with senior citizens and healthcare professionals
- Capable of defusing conflict appropriately with strong conflict management skills
- Excellent attention to detail, time management, organizational, and prioritization skills and ability to balance multiple priorities
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $33,280 to $55,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada / New York City residents is $35,000 to $61,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.