Standard Industries is a global industrial company with more than 15,000 employees in over 80 countries. Our industry-leading businesses include URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply, and URL blocked - click to apply. Key related businesses include strategic investment firm URL blocked - click to apply and URL blocked - click to apply, a real estate investment management and development company. Through R&D, innovation, supply chain enhancement, and social impact efforts our mission is to build a better world by leading a more modern, conscious approach to industrialism.
What part will you play?
- You will be part of the Global Communications Team, reporting to the Vice President, Internal Communications.
- You will be responsible for developing communications strategies and materials to inform, engage and inspire employees globally, ranging from internal newsletters to one-pagers, news stories, blog posts, emails, and social media posts.
- Your work will help build a sense of connection and shared purpose at Standard Industries across all departments and grow awareness and understanding of Standard’s vision and the impact of its operating companies.
- You’ll work closely with the rest of the Marketing & Communications team, a small but nimble team that includes external communications, events, philanthropy, and content, as well as working with business partners across Standard’s operating companies.
- You will also partner with the Executive Office on internal messages and materials from and for Standard’s co-CEOs.
- You will create and evolve internal communications channels and develop KPIs/metrics to measure the impact of internal communications.
What will you be doing?
- This role requires the creativity of a storyteller and the attention to detail of a project manager.
- Gather complex information, discerning what’s most important, and communicating it clearly and concisely.
- Distribute communications via distribution platforms (eg. MailChimp), and develop and edit new templates within the tool.
- Partner with Information Technology to develop and launch key internal platforms (CMS and intranet) and to effectively manage internal distribution lists.
- Partner with Events to promote and execute internal events (Speaker Series, quarterly live streams, and employee engagement activities, etc)
- Provide research, writing and editing support, helping to ensure all communications materials meet quality and consistency standards.
What do we require from you?
- Bachelor’s degree plus 5-7 years of related experience.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including copyediting, and familiarity with the AP style.
- Ability to synthesize complex materials to develop creative, engaging and persuasive messaging for a variety of audiences.
- Strong initiative and ability to deliver high-quality work with limited direction.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and simultaneously manage several projects and deadlines, operating with a sense of urgency in a demanding, deadline-driven environment.
- Willingness to constantly learn and understand new and different businesses, and various team functions.
- Experience with email systems (e.g. MailChimp) and content management systems as well as Adobe Suite (e.g., Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign) is a plus, but not required.
- High-energy, reliable and enthusiastic team player.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Comfort in working as a team player in a start-up environment where no job is too small.
- Energetic and fast-paced, with low-ego and an open style.
- A sense of humor.