Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide.
Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of IT Advisor (SAP BW, HANA and BOBJ Developer) within our ERP Foundations Department based in Houston, Texas.
This position is responsible for handling day-to-day operational incidents and requests through the ServiceNow platform, which manages digital workflows for enterprise operations. Perform strategic analysis of business processes and provide SAP solutions based on business requirements in SAP ECC, S/4 Hana using technologies such as SAP BW, SAP HANA Modelling and BOBJ reporting. This includes performing SAP BW and HANA Data modelling and reporting using BOBJ Web Intelligence reporting, Analysis for Office, Crystal reports for Chemical Manufacturing and Oil & Gas upstream functional areas including:
Finance, Supply Chain, Production Revenue Accounting, Manufacturing, Joint Venture Accounting, Customer Service, Logistics, Vendor Management, Land Management, Master Data Governance, Plant Maintenance, and Management of Change. Participate in weekly team meetings and assess priorities. Apply SAP BW and HANA Data Modelling and BOBJ reporting skills and knowledge to the various ongoing SAP related projects across all business units and functions.
- Education (Bachelors or foreign degree equivalent in any Engineering Discipline or Business Administration)
- Years of experience (15 years of SAP)
- Years of experience (15 years of SAP BW, 5 years of HANA and BOBJ)
- Technical Skills (SAP BW on HANA, HANA Modelling, SAP Analysis for Office, Web Intelligence reporting, Crystal reports, ODBC drivers for HANA to Spotfire)
- Soft Skills (communication, problem solving, team player, self-starter)
- Computer Skills : Bachelor’s Degree or foreign degree equivalent in any Engineering or related field of study and 10 years of experience as a Computer Systems Engineer, Senior SAP BW Technical Analyst or related occupation; Experience with/in the following: SAP with multiple implementations; SAP Business Warehouse such as ECC BW or BW on Hana; Business Objects reporting, including SAP Webi; SAP Analytics and Cloud; Integrating with Spotfire, SQL Server and Oracle ODBC/JDBC; Develop HANA Views and CDS Views; Creation of Data Source connections for both HANA and CDS Views and migration of WEBi reports.
- SAP Certifications in BW or BOBJ
- Exposure to Spotfire and other non SAP reporting tools
Relocation: Will not be offered at this time
Occidental does not offer sponsorship of employment-based nonimmigrant visa petitions for this role
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Business Administration
- Business Processes
- Business Requirements
- Computer Engineering