This job posting is for employment at an independently owned and operated franchisee of Denny's.
Compensation: $18 - $23 /hour
DENNY'S LATE-NIGHT DIAMOND SHIFT COORDINATOR POSITION
As a Diamond Shift Coordinator, you provide more than a meal for your guests. You provide an experience that goes way beyond taste. This is about how they feel when they're your guest - from the time they walk into the diner, to the time they leave. Responsibilities include:
* Overseeing restaurant operations execution and management of staff in lieu of Restaurant Manager
* Demonstrating a strong commitment to hospitality and guest satisfaction
The Diamond Shift Coordinator will report to the General Manager and Restaurant Manager. The Diamond Shift Coordinator is responsible for running the restaurant in the absence of exempt management personnel. They are responsible for the supervision of approximately 5 - 20 crew members on a shift to provide guests with a great dining experience while upholding Denny's brand service and quality standards.
* Must be able to lift a tray weighing up to 25 lbs
* Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, lift, and grasp
* Must be able to hear well in a loud environment to respond to employee and guest needs
* Must meet any state, county, or municipal regulation pertaining to health risk concerns about food handling
* Must be able to serve all Denny's menu products
* Must possess basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply, and divide)
* Able to work around potentially hazardous chemicals
* Must be able to lift and carry supplies and equipment up to 50 lbs; place items on high and low shelves in the office, store rooms, service areas, walk-in coolers, and freezers
* Must have sufficient mobility to move and operate in the confined work area
* Must work inside and outside
* Must be able to observe staff and all aspects of restaurant operations
* Must be able to operate point of sale system and differentiate between monetary denominations
* Must be able to stand and walk throughout a 4 to 8-hour shift
* Must be able to tolerate extreme temperature changes in kitchen and freezer areas
* High school diploma or GED certificate
* One or more years of experience as an hourly restaurant employee with Denny's; must have successfully completed the Diamond Development Program
* Completion of all e-learning job code modules
* A neat, professional appearance
* Management Food Safety Certification
* Places a value on diversity and shows respect for others
* Proven ability to problem solve and handle high-stress situations
* Strong oral communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels within the restaurant
* Communicates effectively both orally and in writing in the English language
* Ability to read and implement instructions
* Basic math and cash handling skills
* Ability to work weekends, holidays, and evenings
* Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
Physical Requirements - Ability to stand and walk approximately 85%-95% of shift; ability to lift and carry 10-65 lbs; ability to move freely throughout the restaurant; ability to operate restaurant equipment and drive a motor vehicle.
The Company will make reasonable accommodations to allow a qualified individual with a disability to enjoy equal employment opportunities and to perform the essential functions of the job. This position description should be applied accordingly.
This job posting is for a position in a restaurant owned and operated by an independent franchisee, not Denny's, Inc. This means the independent franchisee, and not Denny's, Inc. is alone responsible for all employment related matters in the restaurant including, among other things, setting any requirements for this job and all decisions concerning hiring, firing, discipline, supervisions, staffing and scheduling. Denny's, Inc. will not receive a copy of any application you submit for this job posting and will have no control over whether you receive an interview and/or are ultimately hired, does not control and is not responsible for the employment policies and practices of independent franchisees, and does not employ independent franchisees' employees. If you are hired for this job posting, the independent franchisee, and not Denny's, Inc., will be your employer.
This job posting contains some general information about what it is like to work in a Denny's restaurant, but is not a complete job description. People who work in a Denny's restaurant perform a number of different tasks every day, and this posting does not list all of the essential functions of the job.
Our brand is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, race, creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information, military or veteran's status, criminal background, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or local law.
- Food Safety
- Problem Solving