To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Waco, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Production Planning Manager
Arconic • Waco, TX
Posted 25 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Arconic Fastening Systems is looking for a Production Planning Manager who is responsible for translating a sales forecast into a production plan for the operation including all aspects needed to produce a finished good; forming, heat treating, plating, testing, etc. This position will also be responsible for managing the Planning Department and acting as the “Supply” (production) planning leader in the S&OP process. This position is located in Waco, TX.
Arconic (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing techniques, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensure customer success and shareholder value. Arconic Fastening Systems, a business unit of Arconic, holds the number one global position in aerospace fastening systems, and we’re the North American leader in commercial transportation fasteners. Our high-tech, multi-material fastening systems are found nose to tail on aircraft and aero engines. Our products are also critical components of industrial gas turbines, automobiles, commercial transportation vehicles, and construction and industrial equipment. Headquartered in Torrance, CA; AFS employs over 6,000 people in 11 countries at 31 locations.
- Manage the Planning Dept for Waco to include:
- Document, implement and train planners on standard supply planning process for the Waco production facility;
- Create and implement individual goals and development plans for production planning team;
- Establish department objectives and systems of measurement to support and measure the effectiveness of the planning process;
- Develop standard work for daily, weekly, monthly and annual deliverables for self and department;
- Create systems to measure and manage capacity across plant production functions;
- Manage supply plan across the plant including factory output, metal finishing, other downstream operations and outsourcing;
- Work to continuously improve department planning processes, spread best practices, and collaborate with other locations on improving the supply planning process for the Industrial Division;
- Work with the “Demand Owner” to understand the unconstrained demand forecast, and to reconcile the production plan and the unconstrained demand forecast to ensure best use of capacity in meeting company objectives and customer demand;
- Implement the reconciled supply plan across the Waco production facility:
- Forecast and ensure adequate supply of Raw Material is secured;
- Prepare recommendations to plant leadership for capacity changes in equipment, staffing, outsourcing, purchased items and other actions as required;
- Draw up master production schedule to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet shipping dates according to sales forecasts or customer orders;
- Ensure regular review of published Delivery Lead Time for all items, item groupings, and publish lead time changes on a regular basis;
- Plans sequence of manufacturing operations and provide guidance to production departments/work centers:
- Plans and schedules workflow for each department and operation according to previously established manufacturing sequences and lead times;
- Works with operations to improve and optimize workflows and operations sequencing;
- Work with operations and “Demand Owner” to manage and communicate supply plan deviations:
- Monitors production performance to plan, works with operations to expedite production delays that cause risk to original schedule, alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions as necessary, establish systems to communicate changes to “Demand Owner”;
- Work with “Demand Owner” to evaluate Expedite/Break-in processing and charges, establish commitments for accepted Expedite/Break-ins, and Work with “Demand Owner” to coordinate proper communication with customers;
- Act as the supply planning subject matter expert for system implementations and changes/modifications;
- Confers with department management to determine status of assigned projects to ensure timely delivery of project deliverables;
- Manage the production planners in the Waco Facility;
- Recommend significant activities related to assigned human resources, to include hiring, termination, performance appraisal, salary administration, discipline, coaching and counseling, and related matters;
- Ensure that all ASATs are completed on time and accurately for all areas of accountability;
- Ensure that all work activities are performed in accordance with established safety and environmental standards;
- Maintain full compliance with Company policies and procedures and conduct all activities in accordance with the Arconic Guide to Business Conduct;
- Demonstrate a knowledge of and commitment to Lean Manufacturing (ABS) principles and techniques;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution;
- Minimum of 3 years of planning, scheduling, and/or supply chain experience in a manufacturing environment;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in an ERP environment;
- Minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience;
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain Management, or Operations Management from an accredited institution;
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution;
- APICS Certified;
- Familiarity with MPS/MRP Strategies;
- Finite Capacity Experience (ATP – Available to promise, CTP – Capable to Promise);
- ERP LN experience;
- Experience in an ERP Deployment.