Supervises the phlebotomy of blood donors in a defined collection area.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the duties and responsibilities performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
* Ensures that SOPs are followed, good customer service is provided and excellent technical skills are being performed
* Works with staff to optimize the specific area's blood drives to maximize the potential of the donation experience
* Works with staff to increase standards of recruiting and retaining donors and achieving the department's collection goals
* Provides input in the evaluation of mobile operations employees and ensures that staff's skills are maintained
* Assists the Donor Services Manager with planning operational issues and development of the blood center's objectives of collecting blood and/or apheresis blood components from volunteer donors.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Associate's degree from a two-year college or technical school and one year experience in a related field; or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND DESIGNATIONS:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, governmental regulations
* Ability to write reports, correspondence, and procedure manuals according to CGMP (Current Good Manufacturing Practices) standards
* Ability to speak effectively and present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
* Ability to organize work for timely completion
* Ability to delegate and supervise effectively
* Ability to speak, write, read, and understand English
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
* Ability to perform tasks effectively utilizing digital technology and communication tools (smartphones, tablets, etc.)
* Basic computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
* Ability to work with minimal supervision
* Ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
* Ability to commute with personal transportation
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Tasks involve the ability to exert light physical effort usually involving some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight (up to 20 pounds). May involve some climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, walking or standing. Some tasks require manual dexterity, visual acuity, hearing acuity, extended periods of time at a keyboard or work station, and extended periods of standing.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
Functions are regularly performed inside and/or outside with potential for exposure to adverse conditions, such as inclement weather, atmospheric elements and pathogenic substances. Performance of this job could expose the employee to blood-borne pathogens. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
OneBlood is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability/Other Protected Categories
- Blood Borne Pathogens
- Certified Global Meeting Planner
- Customer Service
- Digital Technology
- Fine Motor Skills
- Good Manufacturing Practices