Pharmacy Tech II, Pharmacy
Full Time, 80 hours per pay period, Variable Shifts
Position Summary: Under the direct supervision of the pharmacist, performs functions pertaining to the dispensing of medications. Technical functions are expanded to include IV process proficiency, problem solving skills and quality improvement involvement.
- Performs all position accountabilities and performance criteria for level I technician.
- Prepares Total Parenteral Nutrition and/or chemotherapy admixtures.
- Responsible for quality aspects of the IV room.
- Cleans and maintains specialized equipment.
- Calibrates auto mixer for TPN.
- Establish and maintain par level for necessary supplies.
- Collect and assimilate data for quality assurance and improvement activities.
- Assists the pharmacist in training level I technicians.
- Responsible for the verification of floor stock and cart fill medications as directed by the pharmacist in charge.
- Follows policies, procedures, and safety standards. Completes required education assignments annually. Works toward achieving goals and objectives, and participates in quality improvement initiatives as requested.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Education:None specified; however, must be sufficient to meet the standards for achievement of the below indicated license and/or certification as required by the issuing authority.
Minimum Experience: One (1) year experience or state approved certification when available.
Licensure Requirement: The Tennessee Board of Pharmacy requires newly hired probationary employees to be licensed by the end of their first 90 days of hire and to maintain their Technician License in active status thereafter
Total Parenteral Nutrition (Tpn)