To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Diego, CA
- Alere, Inc.
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Production Chemist II- 2nd shift
ALERE • San Diego, CA
Posted 4 days ago
Alere is now Abbott.
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Now that Alere is a part of Abbott's Diagnostics family of businesses, we embark on very exciting times as an organization in this new venture. The two companies bringing together exceptional teams of experts and industry leading technologies. The team is seeking a Production Chemist, II with an expertise in Lateral Flow technology for our San Diego Toxicology site.
If you seek a dynamic role where your contributions will pave the way in developing new products, systems, and processes, come work with us!
- Use of equipment, such as pH meter, centrifuge, analytical balance, spectrophotometer, vacuum chamber, tangential flow filtration system, membrane printing system, conjugate dispensing system.
- Maintain and calibrate equipment.
- Prepare complex solutions, such as phosphate buffer, antigen conjugate solution, antibody conjugate solution, gold-antibody conjugate solution.
- Optimize formulation and performance of gold-antibody conjugate pad.
- Assemble drug test strips and devices.
- Test gold-antibody conjugate pad samples using drug positive urine and drug negative urine.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary work place, including washing glassware.
- Conduct complex experimentation including data collection, summary and thorough analysis, in support of product improvement and validation projects.
- Compose robust experimentation strategies that maximize effective use of resources and time to deliver optimum information.
- Support efforts to innovate production methods and product formulation to resolve problems and accomplish company objectives.
- Maintain records of laboratory activities and notebooks in a professional, accurate manner. May provide support to regulatory and intellectual property activities.
- Operate equipment and conduct tasks in a safe manner, adhering to established guidelines and applicable regulations.
- Generate oral and written reports as necessary and to summarize production activities and projects. Initiate communication with related staff and functions as necessary to carry out activities effectively.
- Monitor and maintain necessary laboratory supplies, with approval from senior department staff.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal/external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company's policies and practices.