We are seeking an innovative problem-solver with a strong manufacturing and engineering background to lead industrialization activities for our Low Voltage, Air Circuit Breaker (ACB), product lines. You will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic global team to develop, launch, and improve industry-changing products and solutions. You will lead the process development activities for new product introduction projects and experience the excitement of bringing new products to life from design concept through to production launch.
The Lead Industrialization Engineer role will lead manufacturing and industrialization activities for Low Voltage ACB new product introduction (NPI) projects through all stages of development into release for production. This position will lead the development and implementation of robust manufacturing processes, as well as the associated documentation, to ensure the successful launch of new and/or improved ACB products and processes. The Lead Industrialization Engineer will collaborate with other functions and suppliers to facilitate efficient industrialization and to drive schedule performance while meeting safety, quality, and cost expectations.
Making what matters work at Client takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potentialand where you can help us reach ours.
In This Function You Will
- Lead manufacturing and industrialization efforts for Low Voltage ACB NPI projects and product extensions as well as for product robustness improvement projects for existing products.
- Coordinate the development, procurement, and implementation of prototype and production tooling, fixtures, & equipment within budget and schedule, while ensuring safety, quality, and yield requirements are met.
- Lead NPI project activity requirements aligned to manufacturing engineering (process maps and layouts, process potential failure mode effects analysis (PFMEAs), design for manufacture and assembly, product cost & budget).
- Collaborate with PCD design and manufacturing teams, as well as with plant quality and safety functions, throughout product and process development to ensure a successful transition from design to prototype to production.
- Collect and analyze early product and process performance data, using applicable Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing approaches, and implement robust solutions to product design and manufacturing process challenges to ensure a successful production release.
- Review Engineering drawings for manufacturability and create technical documentation packages as required to support supply chain in the quotation process.
- Manage NPI inventories to meet project budget and schedules.
- Lead prototype builds through developing pilot production lines and associated processes as well as through scheduling and coordinating pilot builds at the plant.
- Create and implement process controls, work instructions, and standard work, and provide relevant training to plant personnel.
- Coordinate the implementation of packaging and labeling processes to meet product and marketing requirements.
- Drive production readiness at the plant across all functions; support production trial runs, track issues, and follow up with appropriate resources to ensure issue resolution and closure; ensure production line is set up and production processes are validated.
- Manage product cost and capital expense forecasts for NPI projects.
- Gather information and participate in cost reduction proposals, as well as assist in the implementation of cost out ideas to meet cost out objectives.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we as individuals and as a company are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years engineering experience
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Moon Township, PA will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Working knowledge of production tooling and assembly fixtures.
- Technical knowledge of electro-mechanical components and assemblies.
- Fluent in MS Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Working knowledge of part/assembly drawings and bills of materials.
- Experience in new product development and industrialization.
- Experience with design of production tooling and assembly/test fixture development.
- Demonstrated ability to develop production layouts and process work instructions.
- Working knowledge of basic quality tools, such as, capability studies and gage R&Rs.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma, VA/VE, and LEAN manufacturing tools.
- Experience with shop floor control processes and technology (barcoding, product/process traceability).
- Working knowledge of core feeder processes (molding, stamping, turning, machining, brazing/welding).
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
- Ability to travel up to 10%- with potential of international travel
- Capable of working with engineering and project team members, production facilities, and outside suppliers and customers.
- Capable of clearly communicating ideas and concepts within a team environment.
- Flexible to accommodate frequent changes in projects and priorities to meet business needs.
- Capable of training and developing department personnel.
- Capable of training peers and production personnel on manufacturing instructions.
- Able to assemble, verify, and correlate results as well as prepare reports and present findings.
- Able to effectively communicate work progress, cost, risks, scope creep, and related project status.
- Proactively seek personal development.
- Capable of working on multiple projects simultaneously.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
North America US/Puerto Rico
United States-Pennsylvania-Moon Township
Moon Township PA Loc
EPG CPD PCD Power Components Division
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Client facility) allowed for this position?
Does this position offer relocation?
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Nesco Resource and affiliates (Lehigh G.I.T Inc, and Callos Resource, LLC) is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
New Product Development