Personal Risk Services Portfolio Associate Underwriter
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
Chubb Personal Risk Services is looking for entry level Associate Underwriter candidates to participate in a formal training program beginning in the Fall of 2022. Successful candidates will participate in both classroom and on the job training to prepare for an Associate Underwriter assignment in Chicago, IL.
The successful candidate will work as an integral part of the underwriting center team by contributing to the achievement of business results including the use of underwriting judgement, delegated underwriting authority and support of Underwriter partners. This individual must demonstrate the ability to effectively evaluate risk for approval including alignment with strategies, underwriting guidance, and published workflows & processes. Position will require daily interaction with Underwriter and Agent partners. This role will require successful execution of risk analysis, service timeliness, personal accountability, and teamwork. Successful individuals will demonstrate strong business competencies including personal accountability, risk analysis preparation & selection, application of customer focus and execution of effective process management. This is an excellent position to prepare candidates for advanced underwriting assignments in the Underwriting Centers.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBLITIES INCLUDE:
- Evaluate and prepare business case, including recommendation, for referred new lines, endorsements, renewals, inspections, appraisals, and suspense for next level of authority review
- Utilize delegated underwriting authority to approve and decline new & renewal risk using published guidelines, target market strategy, knowledge of filed contract language and pricing rules, loss control objectives and competitive landscape
- Execute renewal review routines in collaboration with Underwriter for large accounts to support retention and delivery of the most competitive quote terms
- Adhere to published workflows and processes
- Prioritize and manage work inbox and meet published service standards
- Work with Underwriters to act as a secondary contact and resource for assigned agents and branches
- Collaborate and contribute to assigned project teams
- Participate in training of less experienced team members
- Associate of Arts (A.A.) or Associate of Science (A.S.) Degree
- Demonstration of strong decision making and critical thinking skills
- Demonstration of strong organizational and time management abilities
- Strong desire to learn including adaptation to all automated systems and work management tools
- Excellent phone skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Must be able to effectively multitask and balance multiple priorities
- Demonstrated record of teamwork, individual courage, and integrity
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates, and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion,and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin,ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law.Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees. Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliationagainst any individual who reports discrimination or harassment.
- Critical Thinking
- Decision Making
- Process Management