At PIC Group, Inc., our emphasis is on excellence. We recruit the strongest candidates in the power generation industry. As a global service provider, we continually seek talented individuals. Title:
Mechanical Works LeadPosition Type:
Columbus OH USReports to:
Asset Manager DirectorStatus:
PIC Group is seeking a Mechanical Works Lead to support a 100 MW combined cycle CHP university expansion project located in Columbus, OH. The Mechanical Works Lead reports to the Asset Manager Director and will be responsible for assisting Site Construction Manager in inventory assessments, material control/removal, material delivery receipt inspections, and completion verification. The Mechanical Works Lead is responsible for the initiation of responsive actions to achieve contract requirements, customer needs and business goals, and will act as Transition Coordinator when necessary. The Mechanical Works Lead provides site support and oversight for the mechanical activities of the CHP Project which involve the planning and coordination of activities, review of Contractor’s deliverables, acceptance of Contractor’s work with respect to quality, functionality and contract adherence. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Experienced at planning and administering project administrative processes.
- Knowledgeable of employment guidelines and safety regulations.
- Experienced at planning, developing and administering project tendering process.
- Skilled at negotiations, communications and interface with suppliers and customers, including multi-cultural knowledge and sensitivity.
- Good analytical and strategic thinking abilities.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- An excellent commercial focus and well-developed commercial acumen.
- Effective interpersonal and collaborative skills in a matrix and multi-cultural environment.
- Demonstrated successful performance as an Owner’s Rep on multiple projects of similar design.
- Demonstrated successful performance as part of EPC Team on multiple projects of similar design.
- Engineering/Construction exposure in multiple disciplines
- Knowledgeable of construction pricing, scheduling and execution processes.
- Knowledgeable of engineering scheduling and execution processes.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with installation means/methods for Balance of Plant (BOP) equipment (including pumps, compressors, fans, blowers, chillers, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge and experience with installation means/methods for Major Equipment (boiler/heat recovery steam generator, combustion gas turbine, condensing steam turbines).
- Extremely knowledgeable of Construction Safety practices, processes, leading and lagging indicators.
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal.
Education / Experience:
- Exposure to outdoor temperatures and weather conditions
- Will be expected to walk job site daily
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred, or equivalent degree
- 10+ years management experience for power projects including construction and commissioning
- 5+ years project management experience for projects in excess of $150mUSD
- 15+ years site management experience in power and/or utility stations.
- Additional education/training in Quantity Surveying, Commercial Management; NCMA certification not required.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office Suite required.
PIC Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer competitive wages and benefits. We seek out and employ talented individuals who meet the qualifications for each position. Due to the large number of responses we receive to our postings, only those applicants with the required experience and qualifications will be contacted.
- Asset Management
- Commercial Awareness
- Commercial Management