To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Rockland, ME
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Local Representative Union (Line Worker 2C) (513) Islesboro, ME
AVANGRID, Inc • Rockland, ME
Posted 17 days ago
POSITION: Local Representative Union (Line Worker 2C)
NUMBER OF OPEN POSITIONS: 1
This position of a Local Representative Union is a Line Worker 2C or above that is assigned to the Island of Islesboro area. The ideal candidate will maintain responsibility as a 1st Responder and is always on-call. The candidate will often work alone.
• Responsible for the operation and maintenance of safe and reliable electric service to area served.
• Serves as the Company’s representative in the given geographic area.
• Performs an extensive variety of electric service work including reading meters, installing, removing, connecting and disconnecting meters, performing transmission and distribution line-work including climbing, service restoration, service work.
• Responds to customer requests and inquiries.
• Performs all credit and collection work.
• Must be available after hours for emergencies, credit/collection work and restoration of service.
• Ensures that assigned vehicles and equipment are properly maintained.
Skills and Requirements
Able to resolve customer requests.
• Must reside within acceptable distance (45 minutes) from the Islesboro-Lincolnville Ferry Tunnel located in Licolnville.
• Provides leadership as the Company representative to the public in the area served.
• 2 years of related experience.
• Must have a valid Class B driver's license and a good record of safe driving.
• Extensive Distribution Line experience, 2nd class line worker or equivalent.
• Knowledge of National Electrical Code, MPUC rules and regulations, National Electric Safety Code, city and town ordinances.
• Knowledge of Company construction standards, rates, field operating procedures, safety instructions and accounting manuals.
• Required Education: High school graduate.
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or email@example.com