EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite communication solutions. Headquartered in Englewood, Colo., and conducting business around the globe, EchoStar is a pioneer in communications technologies through its Hughes Network Systems and EchoStar Satellite Services business segments. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Director of Corporate Accounting. Follow [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Director of Corporate Accounting on Twitter.
We are seeking a Senior Director of Corporate Accounting who will be responsible for leading all accounting, consolidation and reporting functions for our Hughes segment as well as other Corporate Accounting responsibilities. This role is based at our Hughes office in Gaithersburg, MD. This is a highly visible position with a team of 15+ employees. This position also provides support and advice for matters related to technical accounting and the application thereof as well as SEC reporting process. Lastly, this role will assist with coordination of the consolidated audit as well as the Audit Committee materials.
We are looking for a proven leader to take the reins over the Hughes accounting operations and drive strategic vision of the Controller. The successful candidate will regularly interact with the Hughes’ and EchoStar senior management, our legal team, the business and functional group personnel worldwide, as well as our various professional service providers.
We are also embarking on a global ERP implementation/upgrade with SAP and Hyperion and this role will be significantly involved in the planning, implementation and ultimate success of the project.
- Lead the GL accounting function for our Hughes segment, including consolidations and equity accounting, inventory and project cost management and all other aspects related to the general ledger
- Manage the overall month end close and operational processes in connection with related party transactions and support to the business segments and divisions
- Review the monthly and quarterly results with senior financial management
- Maintain financial records and ensure compliancy with company policies and US GAAP
- Assist with technical accounting research and application of GAAP relevant to various transactions
- Review and provide input on the Company’s SEC reporting requirements, as well as coordinate the preparation and review of the supporting financial schedules in these documents
- Maintain and monitor corporate and department compliance with internal controls, policies and procedures
- Coordinate work relating to both internal and external audits in the periodic review of the company financial records as well as the implementation of agreed upon recommendations, related to areas of responsibility, resulting from audit findings
- Coordinate the statutory reporting requirements and compliance for Hughes’ international subsidiaries
- Supervise direct reports in relation to staffing involvement, conducting performance appraisals, training and developing subordinates, promotions, salary increases, terminations, disciplinary actions, etc.
- Drive process excellence via digital transformational project
- Enable digital maturity by actively participating and leading projects on transforming processes into digital way of working
- Design & drive use of analytical solutions and tech from an operational perspective to improve process performance and achievement of overall org goals
- Identify opportunities for and drive organizational initiatives to support process improvements and cost reductions / reduce total cost of ownership
- Manage relationships and escalated issues, including setting expectations regarding deliverables, quality, schedules and costs; ensures that organization is effectively leveraging resources.
- Execute change management framework to achieve engagement and change mindset and behaviors.
- Leverage industry best practices and experience, recommend automation solutions including procedural and technical designs
- Domestic and international travel is required but will be less than 20% of the time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Active CPA
- 15+ years progressive accounting experience with recent experience at a multi-national public company with responsibility over the consolidated close, technical accounting and financial reporting
- 10+ years of progressive management experience
- Possess a concrete understanding of US GAAP and IFRS – including but not limited to:
- Revenue recognition and multiple element arrangements products, services, long-term contracts and lease arrangements
- Consolidation, allocation processes and foreign exchange
- Intercompany transactions and eliminations
- Inventory and project cost management and accounting
- Complex transactions, including related party transactions and those transactions involving long-lived assets and the requirement for periodic assessments for impairment
- Masters’ Degree in Accounting
- Been part of the leadership team for an ERP implementation
- Demonstrated creativity and flexibility in problem solving and project collaboration.
- Inspiring leader and manager of people with the proven ability to build high performing teams
- Recent experience working with large ERP systems (Oracle or SAP) and Hyperion Financial Management (HFM/FDM).
- Superior organization and prioritization skills
- Highly skilled in data analysis and proven ability to present financial data in a clear, concise and compelling manner to all levels of management
- Superior Excel modeling skills
- Superior PowerPoint presentation skills
Will be eligible for discretionary bonus, with funding based on company performance.
EchoStar is committed to offering a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our programs are designed to provide you with the ability to customize your benefits to best meet the needs of you and your family. Our philosophy for these programs is to support and encourage healthy living and wellness. Our benefits package covers it all–from healthcare savings plans to education assistance and more!
Financial: 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match; employee stock purchase plan; profit-sharing; company-paid life insurance, AD&D and disability
Work-Life Balance: Paid Time Off (PTO), company-paid holidays, health and wellness events, exercise and sports facilities (locations may vary)
Employee Incentives: Tuition reimbursement, employee referral program, year round employee events and community programs, discounts on Dish Network and HughesNet
Health: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health Savings Account (HSA) with opportunities to earn employer contributions; Health Care, Dependent Care and Transportation Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Persons or those able to obtain and maintain U.S. government security clearances may be required for certain positions. EEO is the law.
- Statutory Reporting
- Internal Controls
- Financial Statements
- International Financial Reporting Standards
- Revenue Recognition
- Project Cost Management