To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Concord, NC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Model Design Engineer
CH2M & Jacobs • Concord, NC
Posted 23 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Lead Model Design Engineer will be responsible for the design and development of scale models for aerodynamic testing and analysis in a scale model wind tunnel facility. The engineer will use design expertise and project management abilities rooted in solid engineering principles and be capable of working independently with direction from the clients manager or aerodynamicist.
• Completes mechanical and aerodynamic designs for wind tunnel scale models
• Creates new mechanical and aerodynamic designs under the direction of the aerodynamicist to a good accuracy and attention to detail levels
• Ability to work efficiently and effectively within tight timelines
• Ability to perform complex troubleshooting and resolve any design and manufacturing issues
• Creates comprehensive documentation of new designs and design modifications for tests
• Maintains current fleet of wind tunnel scale models and implements updates as required
• Tracks project schedules to ensure adherence to timelines
• Schedules, develops agendas for, facilitates and documents project meetings
• Facilitates project flow involving regular contact with other staff members
• Supports purchasing with sourcing suggestions, different manufacturing methods, part substitution evaluations, Vendor evaluations, etc.
• Bachelors Degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering and minimum of one (1) year of engineering experience.
• Strong background and prior experience in automotive aerodynamics
• Experience in wind tunnel scale model CAD design and 3D modeling/surfacing
• Experience with racing or race teams
• Training in Automotive Styling or Industrial Design strongly preferred
• Creative, analytical thinker with attention for detail
• Ability to create innovative design solutions
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent time management, planning, communication, and organizational skills
• Self-starter with the ability to work as part of a team in a fast paced environment with minimum supervision
Lifting less than 50 lbs, 25%
Slip resistant hardened toe shoes, safety glasses, hearing protection in designated areas, 100%
Sitting (75%), Standing (50%), Bending (25%), Stooping (35%)
Exposure to high noise areas possible in test facility, 25%
Inside, office environment, test lab, 100%
Exposure to test equipment, 25%
May require occasional local travel, 25%
Equipment and Machines
Computers, fax machines, copiers, telephones, 100%
Occasional use of hand tools, 25%
Criticality of Attendance
Regularly Monday-Friday 7:00 am to 4:00 pm. Must be flexible with available time to cover off-shift and weekend testing, 100%
Regular attendance and punctuality are critical, 100%
Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday-Friday. Regular attendance of scheduled hours is extremely important, but not critical, except for deadlines and meetings. Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines. Must exhibit flexibility of work hours to adjust to surge situations based on critical mission requirements.
Other essential functions
Must complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen, health performance evaluation, and background check.
Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers. Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to employees or others. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner. Independent personal transportation to office or work site is required. Travel to and from customers locations and the test fields may be required to support projects. This may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can possibly be made for POV, if necessary. When operating any vehicle for work purposes, must wear seat belt and in addition, no cellular devices are to be used when vehicle is in motion.
Jacobs is an Equal opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit web address removed>