MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
As the Sales Director, you are accountable for driving new business and developing customer partnerships across North America. You will have a scientific background including laboratory or pharmaceutical experience. In addition, you will use your technical knowledge and experience to drive leads and grow accounts for Laboratory Services and Drug Product Manufacturing.
Growing, international, market leading, pharmaceutical, contract manufacturing organization
- Design and implement North America sales strategy inclusive of service opportunities, strategic partnerships, commercial market segments and business development initiatives.
- Research, identify and develop new preclinical and early phase development and manufacturing prospects from multiple sources including outbound leads from cold calling and email campaigns.
- Represent the organization by attending trade shows and conferences and maintaining active membership and participation in industry member groups and events.
- Lead the sales process from prospect identification to close of business, including; lead generation, responding to RFP s, proposal, terms and conditions/contracting and negotiations.
- Own customer relationships, maintain and drive continuous improvement and communicate customer needs internally.
- Collaborate internally and externally to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships.
- Drive year on year growth of new business from existing and new accounts across the region.
- Maintains accurate customer data and updates, generates timely reports (i.e. sales call reports, sales activity reports, or forecasts) as requested.
- Ensures all Financial approvals are in place with new customers prior to initiation of activities.
- Collaborates with Marketing to develop marketing campaigns and analyze inbound marketing data/trends to drive new business.
- Ensure timely completion and compliance with cGMP and all other relevant company training requirements.
- Bachelors Degree
- 10 + years, sales experience with the pharmaceutical or CDMO/CMO industry.
- Knowledge of cGMP and drug development process.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills required.
- Excellent project management, organization skills and ability to multi-task required.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills required.
- Results-oriented, determined and a self-starter, with the ability to generate new business opportunities.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Ability to build and grow strong customer relationships and ability to influence others.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
Excellent compensation package and commission scheme