Electro-Mechanical Field Service Engineer - Live Anywhere on the East or West Coast - $90-110k + OT/Company Vehicle/Benefits - Largest Manufacturer of Industrial Automation Products in the U.S.
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Christopher Singleton
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $90,000 - $110,000 per yearA bit about us:
My client specializes in providing innovative power control and system solutions for hundreds of customers worldwide and built its reputation in reliable drive systems and encoders.
We design, manufacture and install reliable and efficient power, motion and control systems with attention to life cycle service and performance to optimize energy consumption over the life of your equipment and plant. They offer highly qualified engineering and manufacturing capabilities to upgrade, retrofit, and repair motors and generators, particularly Hydrogenerators.
Today the core of their Industrial Solutions Platform, offering customers electric motor drive solutions and complete electric systems & control automation for applications in a variety of industries.Why join us?
Choosing a career with us means joining a global team that contributes to the development of society and welfare of the general public around the world. From research and development, through to project management, manufacturing, marketing and sales, our employees are known for their passion, enthusiasm and tenacity in what they do.
We are breaking new ground every day by creating tailored solutions that improve efficiency and reduce energy consumption. We recognize that our employees are great sources of innovative ideas and we encourage them to approach their work with confidence and creativity.
There are tremendous opportunities here for people who dream of living and working in a better, safer and healthier environment.Job Details
This position will establish local service in the specified area to serve active customer in metal, pulp&paper but more in the specific for cranes market (ports, shipyards), future business (start-up installs) and upcoming projects. This is a home office position that required extensive travel in the East Coast and sometimes in other areas in the US (60% of the time). We are looking for a candidate located in the area between Baltimore (MD) and Charlotte (NC) as well as one anywhere in California, Oregon, or Washington. Commission, troubleshoot, field design, and repair AC and DC motor control systems in a variety of different industries. This position required extensive travel, non-standard work hours and on-call, and the environment can include tight work spaces and heights up to 300 feet. The field work is primarily in North America, but there are occasions for International travel as well. The service engineer is an integral/primary point of contact between our company and our customers. The above is done while either working in the field or from our office when not on the road.
Essential Job Functions
• Commission new systems by one self or part of a team on larger projects
• Work closely with system engineers on project testing and functionality
• Provide emergency field service for customers when equipment or a process breaks
• Provide telephone, email, and other support to customer engineering and maintenance staff
• Make the new equipment work on the customer's machine. Every machine is unique and has its own nuances
• Analyze and provide alternate solutions to a problem and select the optimal solution
• Be able to evaluate and determine solutions working as part of tem or in a singular situation
• Work within the guidelines of the company service processes
• Sell additional value added services, spare parts, upgrades etc. when visiting customer sites or other opportunities arise
• The Field Service Engineer travels out of town as part of this position. The engineer must be able to travel on little or short notice for emergency repairs. Repair trips might be a day or less, or could be a week or so. Start-ups usually have more notice and planning time concerning departure dates.
• Travel percentage target is up to 60%. (Days out/Regular work days per month), occasional travel to a foreign country, possibly 3rd world countries.
• Work locations may require climbing access ladders or be able to negotiate tight work spaces, crane heights up to 300 feet.
• Walk long distance from parking lot into plant. Sometimes traverse long cases of stairs between plant floors or “climb” onto various parts of a machine.
• Carry service bag (25-50lbs), laptop case/caddy, as well as other trade tools.
• Use small hand tools, screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, etc.
• Work occasional long hours in the field. Startups are typically 12-14 hour days. An emergency repair could be longer but should never be beyond a safe length of time.
• Negotiate and navigate airports, airports concourses, and parking garages.
• Have clean driving record and drive to customer locations, either from airports or Cleveland home office.
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Engineering Technology or equivalent is preferred.
• Associate's Degree in EE or ET will be considered with a minimum of 3 years of industry experience.
• 3-5 years of experience with industrial controls
• AC or DC drives experience required
• PLC and HMI's experience required
• Strong technical skills, in electric fundamentals as well as computers
• Aggressive, goal oriented self-driver with strong work ethic
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
- Control Systems
- Dc Motors
- Electrical Engineering
- Field Service Management
- Hardworking And Dedicated
- Human Computer Interaction