Responsible for interacting with our guests and ensuring they have a great dining experience. Responsible for positive guest interactions while serving guests in a friendly, timely and efficient manner.
Specific Job Duties:
In accordance with Haru's service and cooking procedures:
- Maintains a Guest focus while performing duties.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality guests' experience.
- Welcome and greet guests within two minutes of being seated.
- Informs guests of specials and menu changes.
- Offers specific beverage, appetizer, entrée, and dessert recommendations either upon request or you genuinely feel your guests will enjoy.
- Answer questions about our food, beverages and other restaurant functions and services.
- Take food and beverage orders from guests, enter orders in our point-of-sale system before taking item to the table.
- Deliver food and beverages from kitchen and bar to guests in a timely matter.
- Clean and prepare the table for the arrival of menu items.
- Perform side work during each shift as required by service station assignment.
- Complete opening and closing checklists.
- Maintain clean and stocked service and dining areas.
- Monitor and observe guests dining experience. Ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service.
- Respond promptly and courteously to any requests.
- Provide proactive beverage refills
- Prepare final bill, present check to guest, accept payment, and process through the POS system.
- Be ready and willing to assist fellow servers before they ask.
- Thank guests for their visit and invite them to return.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Notify manager-on-duty any time a guest is not 100% satisfied with their experience
- Performs other duties as assigned by a supervisor.
Experience and Education:
- Previous server experience in restaurant or hospitality required or minimum six months experience working as a host, busser or other similar guest interfacing position. Must have good performance and manager reference.
- Must have a High School diploma or GED.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be 18 years of age or older as required by state law to serve alcoholic beverages.
- Must have the ability to handle money and operate a point-of-sale system.
- Must have food handler's card and alcohol awareness training certification where required by state and local laws.
Competencies, Knowledge and Skills:
Customer Service: Must possess excellent customer service skills. Ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism when interacting with guests and dealing with guest complaints. Ability to monitor and anticipate guests' needs and respond accordingly in an effort to maintain a positive and enjoyable dining experience. Outgoing personality and friendly disposition highly desirable.
Communication: Must possess excellent verbal and nonverbal communication skills. Must be able to communicate and understand guests' and colleagues' instructions, read and understand written directives, and be able to clearly communicate if s/he requires further direction. Must be able to interpret nonverbal cues in an effort to identify and correct potential problems. Must be able to effectively communicate in English.
Interpersonal Relationships: Ability to adapt and interact with a diverse group of people. Ability to maintain a professional and courteous demeanor during stressful and/or busy times. Must be able to work as part of a team and recognize the importance of each team member's role in the guest dining experience.
Physical Demands: Must be able to work in a standing position for prolonged periods of time. Must be able to work under stress, have excellent organizational skills and multi-task throughout shift. Must have a clean, professional appearance with excellent grooming habits. Be able to safely lift, carry and easily maneuver trays of food frequently weighing up to 25 pounds.
Food Knowledge, Preparation, Production and Safety: Must be able to learn and describe menu items to guests when requested. Must have basic knowledge of food preparation.
Problem Solving and Conflict Management: Must exercise sound judgment and possess good problem solving skills. Must have the ability to recognize and resolve problems in an appropriate manner. Must have basic math skills.
Shift Flexibility: Must be able to work different shifts, including holidays, nights and weekends. Must be able to work overtime as required.
Complex Problem Solving