Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Through our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, the Group is re-defining the industry with our Total Quality Assurance proposition. We go beyond physical quality control to provide total peace of mind through our innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers’ operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently, with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely. Total Quality. Assured. Visit www.intertek.com.
Role & Responsibilities
A position has arisen in our Group Internal Audit Department to join our global team, delivering finance and operational audits, within the Americas region and from time to time in other markets. The role is based in Houston, co-located with our Finance Shared Service Center. The Americas region covers markets across North, Central & South America and the Caribbean.
The role is part of a global team, with hubs in Europe, India and China, providing assurance across all geographies and operations of the group. This includes Finance, HR, IT and Operations and will require adaptability and skills in many diverse areas. The role reports to the Head of Group Audit based in UK. This position requires excellent communication and influencing skills and above all, the determination to really make a difference at Intertek.
Core responsibilities will be:
• To contribute to the audit planning and risk coverage
• Lead and/ or participate in finance and operational audits within Americas and on occasion further afield
• Preparing and issuing reports to management that influence change
• Making value added, practical recommendations that recognize commercial priorities
• Carrying out follow up where required
• Conduct special projects and assignments, leveraging third party expertise where required
• Review recent acquisitions and make integration recommendations
• Contribute to the development of a world class audit function
• Handle relationships with key stakeholders within the business
The ideal candidate must be capable of both leading and participating in risk based internal audits and should have a recognized accounting qualification. It is also essential for the Auditor to have excellent team collaboration and interpersonal skills.
• Bachelor’s or advanced degree in a relevant field of study, Accounting or Finance preferred
• 5-8 years of experience in internal or external auditing, with Big 4 preferred
• Relevant certification such as CPA or CIA preferred
• Excellent spoken and written English
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite • Bilingual Spanish preferred
• Ability to travel for 50% of the time, both domestic and international (approximately two thirds of the travel will be within Americas, with the remainder in other parts of the world)
• A quick understanding of the complex and dynamic nature of the business
• Able to work autonomously, on multiple projects and to tight deadlines
• Strong business relationship management skills
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.