Respond to inquiries and requests for assistance with the organization's computer systems and/or peripherals. Identifies, analyzes, troubleshoots and resolves problems with the aim of eliminating recurrences and reducing calls to the service desk. Coordinates with other Information Technology teams to resolve problems if necessary. Support hours for the service desk are between 8:00 AM and 9:00 PM. Provides support and a central point of contact for standard software and hardware defined in the current Information Technology Services (ITS) Products and Services.
Degree in Information Systems or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience or have completed a Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) or Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE). Experience/Skills:
They must have 1-2 years work experience in an IT support function or a customer service oriented, call center environment. Candidate must demonstrate knowledge and abilities in the following:
- Focus – The ability to remain focused on what is important to the business despite distractions. Commitment to team/department/company; understanding the service desk’s role in the company.
- Problem Solving – The ability to identify and resolve problems quickly and effectively. Understands entire process from logging to informing customer solution is in place; knows when to escalate; implements solutions not fixes.
- Proactive Thinking – The ability to take initiative to make improvements. Anticipate customer needs; looks for ways to make things better for the customer, to eliminate recurring problems, calls, is constantly learning.
- Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Listens and gets clarification of requests. Responds well to questions. Ability to interact and communicate clearly in English with people over the telephone, often in stressful situations. Writes clearly and informatively. Edits work for spelling and grammar.
- Customer Skills – The ability to interact with customers in a polite and professional manner. Regards customer as most important part of job; respectful of customers and manages difficult or emotional customer situations. Responds promptly to customer needs and requests for service and assistance.
- Professionalism – Uses time efficiently. Approaches others in a tactful manner. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Teamwork - Contributes skills and capabilities to achieve the team’s goals. Is receptive to new ideas, builds strong working relationships and values diversity. Encourages and gives credit to others for their contributions and puts the attainment of team goals ahead of individual objectives. Ability to assist service desk agents and makes self-available to Management and others.
- Flexibility - Performs a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities. Accepts new challenges, responsibilities and assignments. Works outside of ordinary routine. Views problems or business situations from both own as well as another’s perspective. Adjusts to multiple demands and satisfying priorities. Utilizes new and unique methods to resolve issues. Possesses versatility demonstrated through performance and/or some experience in multiple skill sets.
- Team/Company Fit – Absolutely always on time; enjoys working in a very casual environment in terms of relationships and communication; willing to work over time; doesn’t need any hand holding
- Technical– The ability to learn technical product information quickly and accurately.
Working knowledge of the following :
- Office **
- Windows 7/10 **
- Remote Access (VPN/SecurID)
- Smart phones
- Password Administration **
- Hardware Diagnostics
- Data Network Fundamentals **
** Required Physical demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, feel objects, and type on keyboard; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will have a cubical exposed to normal noise level in the work environment. Work Hours:
A forty (40) hour work week is scheduled. Standard work schedule is 8 hours/day, five days a week, Monday – Friday, Critical Support is after hours every 10 weeks for 1 week. Late support is 1 day a week from 12:00pm to 9:00pm. Work week excludes Federal holidays observed by MasTec. Each work day has a 1- hour lunch. Area Security Access:
A background investigation is required. Performance Requirements:
Analyst must achieve at least 95% Start Time by being logged on the phones and in “Ready” mode within 5 minutes of their start time or return from breaks. After one-month training period analyst must be able to resolve 90% of calls handled. Analyst must maintain good customer service by not receiving more than 1 complaint per month.