Be a part of something powerful at America's premier energy provider!
At Exelon, we are united by our values and shared vision for a cleaner and brighter future. We encourage curiosity, value diverse perspectives and we never stop looking for ways to be, work and do better. We know the future is in our hands. That's why we're looking for people like you, who have the power to make a difference.
As the nation's largest utility company, we serve more than 10 million customers through six fully regulated transmission and distribution utilities - Atlantic City Electric (ACE), Baltimore Gas and Electric (BGE), Commonwealth Edison (ComEd), Delmarva Power & Light (DPL), PECO Energy Company (PECO), and Potomac Electric Power Company (Pepco). All 18,000 of us are committed to delivering safe, reliable and affordable energy to our customers, strengthening our communities, supporting a clean energy future and reducing our impact on the changing climate.
Our people are the heart and soul of our business. Whether it's powering lives, supporting communities or collaborating with colleagues, an Exelon employee is talented, compassionate, forward-thinking and inspired. We are empowered to evolve and advance our careers in an open and inclusive environment. We pride ourselves on being the kind of place where people want to come and stay. We know that investing in our employees' futures strengthens ours, which is why we offer competitive compensation, incentives and health and retirement benefits.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The purpose of Architecture Management is to define the different technology building blocks that make up the enterprise and their inter-relationships, as well as the principles guiding their design and evolution over time. These principles drive Service Portfolio Management roadmaps, to ensure that the right mix of supported technology services are offered to achieve business value, as defined by the business strategy.
The Sr. IT Architect will serve as a Solutions Architect providing technical expertise to support the alignment of IT solutions with enterprise architectural standards and requirements. This role must have demonstrated expertise in design, configuration, test, deployment, and maintenance of complex IT systems that employ a range of infrastructure, application, and data technologies within Exelon’s enterprise environment. This role requires knowledge, experience, and skills with the functional and technical components of enterprise applications, including its end-to-end architecture, integrations, data flows, and performance.
The Sr. IT Architect will be expected to provide technical leadership to support delivery, operation, and maintenance of large-scale IT solutions. The Sr. IT Architect must have the ability to evaluate IT infrastructure and application solutions for an enterprise mobile workforce management platform. This role works directly with business partners, IT support and project teams, and the support service provider as the Solutions Architect and subject matter expert (SME) on the Mobile Dispatch Systems (MDS) applications, including the architecture, server infrastructure, and host system integrations.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Work within a team environment to conduct the architecture governance program for technology projects across the Exelon organization. This includes determining alignment of projects with technical standards and other business requirements (50%)
- Assist the IT Architecture and Engineering community in planning the introduction of new technologies and/or identifying the most appropriate technology choices to accomplish goals by utilizing Exelon's standard governance process. Assist in the development of white papers, conducting presentations as needed to explain why a technology is being recommended by IT (20%)
- Build and maintain knowledge of new technologies or technology opportunities and assist in development of analysis of their use for business and/or IT clients (15%)
- Participate and facilitate peer groups around specific technology areas (10%)
- Maintain and enhance engagement with business and IT partners (5%)
- Position interacts and must effectively communicate with all levels of employees, including executives & vendors with a detailed understanding of business plans.
- Maintains deep knowledge of technology standards and application usage across Exelon business unit areas.
- Participates in technological innovation to drive new business opportunities and solve business problems.
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Mentors junior-level team members and others.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Sciences or related discipline and 5 - 8 years of relevant experience (ex: IT solutions architecture, enterprise architecture, and systems & application design) or 9 -12 years or related experience
- Broad technical expertise in at least one area, such as application development, enterprise applications or IT systems engineering
- Excellent communications skills - Able to effectively communicate highly technical information in non-technical terminology (written and verbal)
- Expert in change management principles associated with new technology implementations
- Deep understanding of project management principles
- Master's Degree
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Technical certification in Technical Area of Specialty
- Experience with enterprise application architecture and configurations
- Knowledge and experience with the technical architecture and functions of the CGI PragmaCAD product or similar mobile workforce management applications
- Strong knowledge of electric and gas utility business practices and processes that employ mobile dispatch applications and systems
- Demonstrated proficiency in IT architecture, infrastructure, and application technologies including Web/Application (.NET/Java), relational database (Oracle, SQL Server), Operating Systems (UNIX, Windows Server), and host system integration technologies (TIBCO, Oracle Fusion, Boomi, IBM MQ)
- Knowledge and experience with DevOps and Agile development methods
- Strong problem solving and critical analysis skills
- Demonstrated leadership, consulting, presentation, and project management skills
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal)
- .Net Framework
- Agile Methodology
- Application Design
- Business Development
- Business Ethics