To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Sacramento, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Human Relations Generalist
Bimbo Bakeries USA • Sacramento, CA
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Human Relations Generalist is a Champion of People, Diversity and Inclusion for the Plant supporting the Plant Manager and Sales BU, local leadership and hourly associates on three shifts and sales in multiple locations. The HRG is responsible for the HR function providing best in class services that facilitate greater effectiveness throughout the bakery and sales BU. HRG’s have strong labor relations, proven HRG skills that will engage the business. HRG’s have the ability to influence leadership and ability to link business objectives back to organizational effectiveness.
Key Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Human Relations Generalist – HR Generalist is a Change Agent and a Business Partner to their Plant Manager and Sales Directors. As an HR Professional, responsible for the ownership of all initiatives for the Plant and Sales Locations that are related to the Human Relations Function.
- Administration: help manage headcount, turnover, exit interviews, attendance tracking, and Trendata as it relates to HR invoice processing. Maintain current job descriptions as positions evolve with management regarding staffing and organizational needs.
- Associate Learning & Development: conduct new associate orientation sessions and other HR related training programs such as DSDE, 2020 GB Leader, Diversity and Inclusion, Labor Relations and Respect in the Workplace. Facilitate new hire safety orientation training and additional training needs assessments as needed by the Plant and Sales BU.
- Associate Programs: including administering the annual Benefits Open Enrollment Process, Safety Perception survey, Pulse quarterly survey, etc. and answering and responding timely to associates HR inquires.
- Associate Relations: assisting HR Manager with developing and implementing effective Positive Associate Relations programs. Administration of Rewards & Recognition.
- Centralized recruiting: Act as the HR point of contact in the plant and sales BU to support the recruiting for salaried positions managed through Centralized Recruiting. Maintain, deliver and continuously improve an effective on-boarding program for new hires aligned with corporate and local requirements driving retention of top talent.
- Talent Acquisition: Create, deliver and manage an annual hourly staffing plan. Manage the pipeline of key talent for BBU by managing open positions through the full recruitment life cycle for hourly level positions and salaried positions within the facilities. In the absence of the HR Manager, required to interview all salaried candidates. Responsible for compliance management for the recruitment files (e.g., resumes, interview notes, calibration and selection process).
- Talent Management: Own and drive the process for the Plant and Sales in regards to associate profiles, goal setting, development plans, midyear reviews, annual goal evaluation and succession planning.
- HR/Organization Consulting: Required to live, engage in, and coach others on the E4HAVIORS. Change management facilitation and organizational consulting with all levels of associates supporting our Manufacturing Transformation and DSDE goals. Manage the maintenance of HR files and I-9’s for compliance.
- Performance Management: Transparent partner by working with the people managers to determine appropriate course of action with regard to staffing, hiring, performance management, safety and/or attendance concerns. Partner as a coach with salaried leaders and participate in hourly meetings with supervisors and associates. Lead the process and communication for annual merit and performance reviews.
- Policy Management: Administer and interpret company Policies and CBA’s representing the organization (and/or assisting the HR Manager) in personnel and employment law compliance related investigations, grievances and hearings, etc.
- Standard Leader Work: HRBP supporting Manufacturing Transformation and DSDE.
- Systems: Manage monthly HRIS audits and Requisitions. Create and report out on HR metrics identifying key trends and the ability to recommend improvements.
- Assist and support all HR activities/other duties as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in HR or related field required.
- 3+ years progressive human resource generalist experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- PHR a plus.
- Labor Relations highly desired.
- Demonstrate the ability to be coachable and trainable for cross-training/development within the HR function in preparation for future progression.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications required.
- Experience with online recruitment systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with strong prioritization skills.
- Demonstrated multi-tasking and project management skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to be resourceful, demonstrate business acumen, creative thinking skills and be able to act as a decision maker.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.