HollyFrontier El Dorado Refining LLC is seeking an Environmental Specialist - Water who will conduct basic environmental assignments and duties for the Environmental Department under general supervision.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: (functions considered essential as defined by ADA)
- Ensures compliance with environmental regulations and permits for wastewater, and drinking water systems/operations
- Prepares periodic emission reports, summaries and compliance reports
- Reviews daily emissions data
- Oversees entry of pertinent records and documentation of excess emissions and related operating data
- Performs technical/regulatory analysis, field sampling and testing, and report preparation
- Prepares permit applications and liaises with regulatory agencies on non-compliance emissions and discharges
- Interacts with and monitors contractors assisting with environmental compliance activities
- Monitors and coordinates testing and reporting of wastewater, storm water, and hydro test water in compliance with regulations and permits
- Assists with the technical oversight on groundwater and soil contamination issues
- Assists refinery personnel with governmental regulations compliance
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their supervisor, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion.
A minimum of one year process-related work experience is required.
Experience in oil refining processes and five year’s environmental compliance experience is preferred.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in an environmental sciences or related field is required.
Ability to understand and interpret environmental regulations. Understanding or capability to understand oil refining processes (process flow diagrams/mechanical flow sheets, chemical phase separations, and reactions). Ability to perform complex mathematical calculations advanced reading and writing skills, ability to effectively communicate with others, both written and verbal communication.
Office based with frequent refinery visits, and with up to 30% travel by land or air required. Required to work in petroleum refinery environment, warehouse/plant environment, and out of doors environment including but not limited to chemicals, pressures vessels, tanks. Required to work in all temperatures including outdoors. Subject to varying road and weather conditions.
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH, & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Our primary values at HollyFrontier are: We put health and safety first; We care about the environment.
All HollyFrontier employees are expected to work safely every day and be safety & environmental leaders. This includes active participation in the following:
- Stops and/or reports any unsafe work or conditions
- Follows safety & environmental policies and procedures
- Supports safety & environmental goals and initiatives
- Participates in safety & environmental meetings, training, emergency drills and hazard recognition programs
- Reports all accidents, injuries and near misses, and participates in associated investigations
- Participates in industrial hygiene, medical surveillance and behavior based safety programs
About HollyFrontier Corporation
HollyFrontier Corporation, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is an independent petroleum refiner and marketer that produces high value light products such as gasoline, diesel fuel, jet fuel and other specialty products. HollyFrontier owns and operates refineries located in Kansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Wyoming and Utah and markets its refined products principally in the Southwest U.S., the Rocky Mountains extending into the Pacific Northwest and in other neighboring Plains states. In addition, HollyFrontier produces base oils and other specialized lubricants in the U.S., Canada and Netherlands, and exports products to more than 80 countries. HollyFrontier also owns a 57% limited partner interest and a non-economic general partner interest in Holly Energy Partners, L.P., a master limited partnership that provides petroleum product and crude oil transportation, terminalling, storage and throughput services to the petroleum industry, including HollyFrontier.
Join HollyFrontier where you have the opportunity to develop and own your career!
HollyFrontier Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other prohibited ground of discrimination.