If you want to build meaningful relationships and make fashion personal, fun and aspirational, why not put that creative energy to work and join our team of approachable customer oriented, style conscious professionals. Work in a collaborative environment of problem solvers and flawless executers that drive the business forward through energy, effort and good humor. The Merchandiser Associate helps create a neat clean organized and exciting shopping experience for our customers through innovative, accessible presentation of product on the sales floor and efficient, easy to navigate back of house stock rooms. Merchandiser Associate handles all aspects of the merchandise journey from when product enters the building until it exits in a customer purchase or return to a vendor. The merchandiser executes non-sell activities that support our selling teams in delivering a customer centric, omni channel experience. Perform other duties as assigned.
All hourly associates are eligible to receive a quarterly bonus incentive, colleague discounts and the opportunity to be a part of an iconic brand. Certain criteria must be met to receive the quarterly bonus incentive.
Fueled by the Power of Relationships
- Execute and complete daily activities including merchandise presentation and non-sell projects accurately from start to finish working as a member of the support team
- Place new product focusing on creative concepts, company directives and best practices for sizing, presentation and fixture placement
- Own placement, organization and maintenance of inventory in stock rooms
- Handle back-stock items in order of category, color and vendor for efficient floor fill in, customer service and inventory protection
- Develop and adhere to system of grouping and organizing merchandise for events, markdowns and advertised promotions
- Uphold Asset protection standards to support and deliver shortage plans
- Execute markdowns, RTV’s, re-ticketing projects, replenishment and processing damages
- Work with selling team to ensure daily replenishment of merchandise maintaining consistent presentation and creating an easy shopping experience
Driven by our Desire to Win
- Ensure 100% compliance with all Bloomingdale’s audit and merchandise security standards
- Execute support functions on time and with maximization of resources to ensure delivery of sales and service metrics
- Achieve 90% or better markdown compliance, Return to Vendor (RTV), job out completion for store
- Ensure Fed Ticket compliance, Shoe Audit, and appropriate hours utilization and work load completion to achieve all productivity metrics and maximize sales
- Achieve fulfillment fill rates and ship on time standards and merchandize to sell objectives
Committed to a culture of Collaboration and continuous learning
- Understand organization and logic behind back of house areas to support presentation standards/floor replenishment/selling function
- Partner with visual team and selling team to execute merchandising strategies
- Work with in store leadership team to deliver Big Days through execution of central strategies
- Learn the business rationale behind placement and movement of merchandise
- HS Diploma or equivalent.
- Able to easily engage in conversation.
- Social ease and quick response to customer needs and inquiries.
- Able to maintain composure in difficult situations.
- Detailed oriented about product knowledge.
- Able to communicate effectively with customers, peers and management.
- Basic math functions to operate register, handle money and make change.
- Able to use a calculator.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team in a learning environment.
- Constant moving and standing
- Able to lift 10 lbs.
- Able to reach, grasp, stoop, kneel, crouch and climb ladders.
- Able to use and navigate multiple technological devices.
- Ability to sell and build a sale through conversational interaction.
- Enjoys meeting and interacting with customers; strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple priorities and learn new procedures.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and meet minimum hours requirements based on role, department, and store/company needs which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality is required.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.