Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. As AP Procurement Analyst to the AP team, you will have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
Major Purpose of Job
Research, analyze and resolve payment issues related to the various match exception rules for our 3 way matching (purchase order-receipt-voucher) invoices that prevent vendor payments including EDI and Recycle Vouchers. Contribute to the on-going growth of EDI transactions.
• Serve as a partner/liaison between Accounts Payable and the Purchasing Operation Center
• Fully accountable for keeping match exception invoices current on a consistent basis
• Review the Match Exception report on a daily basis to ensure its completeness and accuracy
• Trace and agree report to physical invoices or electronic vouchers, noting the nature of the exception and recalculating the amount
• Investigate the reason for all match exceptions and identify preventive actions to avoid repeat occurrences
• Create and execute related match exception PeopleSoft queries and reports for receipt accruals, outstanding errors, as well as other purchase order exception reports
• Quantify and analyze the impact of the match exception balances to the receipt accrual accounts
• Identify the related source of the error, the corresponding A/P Representative and POC Buyer
• Correspond with vendors, business unit and/or POC personnel to implement corrective actions (receiving, updating purchase order, etc.)
• Resolve the various match exceptions by implementing any A/P authorized corrective measures (adjusting a line item, schedule updates, etc.) to enable the voucher to pay and/or advise A/P Representative to pay
• Actively participate on various AP/PO teams including EDI, Standing Order, etc.
• Review Recycle and Quick Invoice Reports and make adjustments/corrections to ensure timely payment
• Contact vendors for POD notices, statements, and invoice discrepancies. Compare vendor statements to match exception report for accuracy.
• Review receipt accruals as received by each BU on a monthly basis and provide data to IT team for PO’s/receipts that need to be matched.
• Review system for credits and voucher for data entry accuracy, contact vendor regarding duplicate invoicing/shipment, etc.
• Serve as liaison between AP Call Center and POC to ensure turnaround time for resolution
• Communicate the resolutions of the various match exception issues, and develop policies and procedures for the Material Managers and A/P staff to reference