Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a leading national bank empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. We believe in helping customers turn their ideas into outcomes. Whether those customers are building a business or building their savings, CIT has the experience and agility to empower them to achieve their goals. At CIT, how we do business is just as important as what we do. Our social responsibility programs focus on driving financial and personal empowerment, supporting the environment and advancing wellness. CIT contributes to communities where we live, work and do business through charitable donations, community investments and employee volunteerism.
This position will be responsible for the execution of various activities supporting CIT's Compensation department, including base salary, and short-term and long-term incentives planning and execution. He/she will act as a consultant to the HR Business Partners on compensation matters, support the year-end compensation process, and assist with internal controls.
- Collaborate with HR Business Partners and Recruiters to provide input and guidance on new hires, promotions, and other compensation matters.
- Support reporting and analysis, including data integrity and quality for annual compensation tracking and accrual processes.
- Assist with planning, support and communication for the year-end compensation process (incentive and salary recommendations), including summary reporting to Senior Management.
- Assist with survey participation and the preparation of market competitiveness analyses. Support development of salary and total compensation ranges and guidance.
- Collaborate with other corporate functions (e.g., Legal, Accounting, Tax) to support compensation practices and activities.
- Lead or support other compensation projects as required.
- Minimum of BS/BA degree and five years of Compensation experience. Financial services industry experience preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Exceptional analytical, data and project management skills.
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully both independently and as part of a team.
- Able to establish strong working relationships with colleagues and clients, and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Client-focused, proactive and results-oriented.