To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Covington, KY 41018
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Trade Compliance Specialist
MEGGITT • Covington, KY
Posted 2 months ago
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Trade Compliance Specialist provides expertise with export and import activities in reaching the business objectives. Ensures that global transactions are undertaken in compliance with import/export laws, regulations and controls administered by the government agency as appropriate to the business location.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Provides expertise with Trade Compliance for export and import activities
- Performs classification of products for export in accordance with applicable regulations
- Ensures that procedures related to trade regulations and reporting requirements are in place for all appropriate areas of responsibility and personnel at manufacturing sites
- Investigates and gathers information to create reports for potential or verified matters of non-compliance
- Conducts regular internal audits to ensure compliance with procedures
- Maintains Trade Compliance training program and compliance record keeping processes
- Develops and delivers training to site staff, as well as record keeping to establish Strategic Business Unit requirements and compliance with Meggitt Group programs
- Supports Customer Service department with Trade Compliance issues, such as Export License Determination and End User Documentation
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
Education : Post-Secondary Degree or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectation
Years Experience : 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Excellent understanding of trade compliance, such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC), and US Customs and Border Protection Regulations
- Strong attention to detail, good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize with changing situations
- Ability to solve problems that are more complex by analyzing possible solutions using technical expertise, judgment and precedents
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to drive tasks to completion
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and database management tools
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or HRISon@meggitt.com.