To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Festus, MO 63028
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Practice Specialty RN - Oncology
Mercy • Festus, MO
Posted 1 month ago
We’re a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don’t believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you’ll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We’re a team and love working that way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional opportunities to help our communities grow.
- Provide delivery of care through telephone triage/communication.
- Incorporates health advice, health care coordination, health promotion and patient care follow-up as outlined by our physicians and nurse practitioner.
- Interact with patients providing counseling and routine follow up, triage nurse also performs support functions that are related to patient care, ie, prescription refills, oral chemo medication insurance authorizations, MyMercy messages, ordering required lab work, diagnostic and nuclear medicine testing.
- Triages patient phone calls evaluating the need for physician or other intervention, providing patient and family education as needed.
- Call patients with test and lab results per physician request, ensures calls in nurse pool in-basket are addressed timely.
- Document all visits, telephone encounters, medications, and education in Epic accurately and in timely manner.
- May perform other job related duties as directed or when needs dictate. Oncology experience preferred.
Because you’re committed to excellence, you understand the importance of being properly prepared for your role at Mercy. That’s why you’ll bring to your role the right set of qualifications:
Licensure: Requires current RN licensure in state of Missouri.
Experience: Minimum of one to two years clinical experience.
We’ll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a “top 100 places to work.” We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, and employer-matched retirement funds, even to part-time employees. We’re proud to provide tuition reimbursement to help you grow and learn new skills.
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We’re also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that’s just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.
Registered Nurse, RN, Practice Specialty,Oncology, Nurse, Jefferson