Logistics done differently.
XPO Logistics, a leader in the transportation and logistics industry, is looking for a highly skilled professional who knows how to get the best out of his/her team. As the Freight Assembly Center (FAC) Manager, you’ll provide leadership for the nighttime shift at a service center. On our team, you’ll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Manage a fast-paced nighttime dock operation
- Supervise employees and handle all issues related to their employment and performance
- Plan the daily workforce needs to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective execution of the FAC shift
- Ensure the clean and safe working condition of the facility and equipment
- Monitor, analyze and implement all opportunities to cut costs and improve efficiencies
- Work closely with other supervisors and managers to provide direction, guidance and coaching to team members ensuring a positive work environment
- Route proper documentation and oversee procedure control for hazardous material shipments
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree, 4 years of related work experience or equivalent military experience
- 2 years of supervisory experience
- Experience in a Less-than-Truckload (LTL) environment
- A valid driver’s license
- Basic computer skills
It’d be great if you also have:
- Thorough knowledge of transportation rules and regulations, OSHA laws, hazardous material regulations, NMFC and Tariff rules
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proven leadership skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 75 lbs. occasionally
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel
- Walk and stand for extended periods of time on a loading dock that is not climate-controlled and may be slippery
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Training And Development