Worker Time Type
Assists driver in uploading and stacking products and in directing vehicles into parking spaces.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Loads/unloads and stacks ice at customer or driver direction.
2. Helps driver complete delivery in a safe, courteous, and customer-oriented manner.
3. Assists in maintaining good housekeeping of vehicle and delivery area by cleaning up area after making delivery (i.e., water spots).
4. Guides driver when backing / parking vehicle.
5. Assists with counting and loading/unloading of returned product.
6. Make and assume other duties and responsibilities required or assigned by management.
7. Reports all accidents and injuries, regardless of severity.
8. Follows all Standard Operating Procedures and other process guidelines.
9. Adhering to the Code of Business Ethics is essential. We value honesty and integrity above all else and we expect our employees to be committed to the highest ethical standards.
Internal: Works daily with drivers and route supervisor
External: Contact with customer (on limited basis) when assisting in delivery of product
Must exercise good judgement when guiding drivers into parking spaces. Uses good judgment on how to most efficiently load/unload ice, ice merchandisers, and associated equipment from truck.
ESSENTIAL MENTAL FUNCTIONS AND SKILLS
Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
Ability to work in an unfatigued state
Ability to accurately gauge lengths of time and distance
Ability to quickly store and recall instructions in one’s short term memory
Ability to concentrate and perform tasks involving high levels of cognitive function and judgment
Ability to cope with sudden changes in surrounding and/or emergency situations and/or alarms
Demonstrate a caring, committed and concerned attitude about safety
Possess fast reflexes and unimpaired coordination and ability to rapidly respond to stimuli 2
Not mentally or physically impaired from any cause that can adversely affect ability to safely and competently perform required functions
Ability to take prompt and appropriate response to operating conditions
No lead or supervisory responsibility.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Must be able to count product delivered or returned. High school diploma preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Daily exposure to travel and weather hazards. Very labor intensive due to amount of lifting, bending, and stacking ice to off load product. Must be able to lift up to 40 pound bags of ice and move up to 700 - 1000 lbs. of ice and ice merchandisers with assistance of proper equipment. Must be able to climb into passenger and cargo areas of truck. This is a constant procedure throughout the day. Temperatures within trailer are 28 – 30°. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.