Group Counselors will provide guidance and instruction in a Day Treatment program for children and adolescents with mental health needs. Their primary responsibilities are to provide and coordinate daily group sessions, complete documentation on client progress, and ensure the overall quality of the program for clients on their caseloads. This program focuses on psychoeducation and skills development and requires the Group Counselor to adapt the curriculum to clients. In addition, as a member of the clinical team, the Group Counselor is a key member in ensuring the quality of the mental health services for clients.
Education and/or Experience
- Currently licensed in Ohio as an LSW, LISW, PC, or PCC
- Minimum Bachelor's degree or Master's degree as required by the license
- Prior experience working with children and adolescents and/or facilitating group counseling is preferred
Other Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Planning and time management skills
- Facilitate daily Day Treatment groups for a caseload of children and adolescents with mental health needs
- Implement and adapt the agency's curriculum based on the age and abilities of clients on the caseload
- Facilitate therapeutic group discussions while managing clients in a group setting
- Complete daily client progress notes within 24 hours of the time of service
- Communicate with the client's assigned individual counselor and/or treatment team regarding progress on Individualized Service Plan (ISP) goals and objectives and other relevant clinical outcomes
- Evaluate the effectiveness of interventions and activities for clients
At Maxim Healthcare Services, we firmly believe that our employees are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
Maxim Healthcare Services is a leading provider of home healthcare, medical-related staffing, travel nursing, and population health and wellness services across the United States. As an established community partner, we have been making a difference in the lives of our employees, caregivers, and patients for more than 30 years. Our commitment to customer service, improving patient care, and staffing experienced healthcare professionals has paved the way for many rewarding career opportunities in the healthcare industry.
Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Community Mental Health Services
Licensed Social Worker