To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Gautier, MS 39553
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources/Payroll Specialist
Waste Pro • Gautier, MS
Posted 2 months ago
* Monitor and assists HR Manager and hiring manager with hiring processes and issues.
* Coordinate and conduct applicant drug screens, reference checks, background checks, motor vehicle checks, and social security number verification.
* Maintain electronic personnel files and enter them into HRIS. Ensure accurate maintenance of all employee records and files (e.g., I-9). Support processing and maintenance of payroll records in accordance with policies and procedures, as necessary.
* Verify manager and employee information entered to time system, make necessary corrections and communicate changes to corporate payroll. Responsible for lighty duty pay, commissions and retro pay calculations.
* Processes salary changes due to merit increases, promotions, or range adjustments. Ensures that all necessary documents have been received, information accurately entered into the computer database, and forwarded to payroll. Maintains Human Resources database, and provides reports to managers as needed.
* Answers routine benefits questions for managers and employees, and assists with problem solving. Assists with communication of annual benefit open enrollment process. Answers questions and facilitates a smooth enrollment.
* Ensures that all necessary forms and documentation are completed/submitted for any workers compensation claims, or short term or long term disability claims. Ensures that all parties are kept informed, and that proper follow up is conducted.
* Coordinates new employee orientation attendance, ensuring all necessary forms and documents are completed and returned. Provides employees leaving the company with pertinent and accurate information, notifying necessary health/insurance providers.
* Assists Regional HR Manager with EEOC/DOL investigations. Ensures active files are in order and maintained in accordance with state and federal regulations.
* Works with the Human Resources Team and Human Resources Manager to assist with the planning, communicating, and tracking of company-wide special events throughout
* Ability to work efficiently in HRMS and Recruiting Mangament systems.
* BA/BS degree in Human Resources preferred in Business Administration, Communication or related field
* 2 years Human Resources/Payroll
* Strong written and verbal communications skills.
* Ability to manage simple to complex situations requiring a well-developed sense of organizational prioritization.
* Ability to think analytically and resourcefully draw accurate conclusions.
* Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
* Basic knowledge of payroll principles, practices, and law.
* Ability to promote and foster diversity and inclusion.
* Ability to use an array of software packages, including MS Outlook, Word, and Excel.
* Ability to adapt to change and operate rationally under dynamic pressure situations
* Ability to function as team member and effectively build relationships with management, peers, staff and clients.
* Ability to meet deadlines and set priorities with effective distribution of time and effort.
* High degree of autonomy, yet team oriented with ability to work cross functionally within a matrix organization.
* Experience using ADP Vantage and Kronos for payroll preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job ID: 5000476336906
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.